Day 4

Lisa

Just like what I predicted, Irene is still sick. She's a little okay now but not okay enough for her to come to work so I volunteered to come and excuse her for work. She protested at first but with a few kisses, I managed to make her let me.

God, let's just say she's still weak for kisses.

I entered the building where Irene worked. I still remember that time I used to visit her here but I got busy with my own work too that I didn't have enough time anymore. Maybe that's the reason why we fell apart, we didn't have time.

My work took too much of my time and maybe that's why we became distant to each other. I've been an in demand photographer so I am very booked for the past few months. But is it really enough reason for Irene to look for somebody else? Somebody that is not me?

I shook my head and rubbed my forehead a little before stepping out of the lift. Good thing that Wendy, Irene's boss is nice and we're friends so this wouldn't take too much time for sure. Hmm I should bring home Irene's favorite food on my way home so she'd eat alot.

I asked Wendy's secretary if I can talk to her, she asked what the matter is about so I told her it's related to one of her employees, Irene. I soon entered the office once I got approved.

"Wan! How are you doing?" Wendy looked up and smiled widely as she embraced me briefly, I patted her back in return.

"I'm good, I'm good! Just tired and all from work. How about you? What brings you here? It's been awhile since you visited, Miss Manoban" she nudged my side which made me laugh. I sat down on one of the chairs and looked at her with a smile.

"Been busy with work too so I didn't have enough time to visit here. And oh, I'm here to inform that Irene wouldn't be coming to work because she is sick. She caught a fever and I figured she can't come to work for now" Wendy nodded her head and approved it. We talked for a couple more minutes before I told her that she should continue working.

"Lisa, drop by more often will you? It's nice to have a few refreshing face here.." She brushed her hand on my arm up and down while sporting an innocent smile. I grinned and pretended I didn't notice her flirting attempts before waving good bye. I left the office and proceeded to the elevator when suddenly, a woman stopped me.

"Lisa, right?" I furrowed my eyebrows at the woman as if figuring out who she is.

"Uhm.. yes, how did you know me?"

The woman smirked and then lend her hand at me and with a soft voice, she uttered. "Of course I know you.. I'm Seulgi, Irene's girlfriend"

My jaw tightened as well as my chest as soon as I heard this mysterious woman's name. But I held it in, I can't have her thinking i'm weak– and very much affected by her simple words. I am but I don't want her to see it.

"Ah. The girlfriend stealer– how does it feel to be with someone who is already committed to somebody else?" I looked at her as we both enter the lift, my eyebrow raising at her as I smirk. "Does it feel good to steal somebody that isn't yours to begin with?"

"Oh.. oh, oh.. You really think that affects me? I won't let your words affect me because by the end of the day, Irene will come home to me. You should know that"

I chuckled softly even though her words hurts me alot but I hid it under my smile. "Sure, think what you want. But don't you wonder why she agreed to be with me for fourteen days? When she could have just rejected the idea and leave me for you.."

"She pities you–"

"Or maybe she still loves me"

After that, we both became silent again. I could feel the tension arise between Seulgi and I. The elevator finally reached the ground floor but before I could step out, Seulgi held my hand to stop me.

"How.. how is she? She haven't talked to me for two days already.. we had a fight that's why" Seulgi's voice is different from earlier. It was now soft and with a hint of worry.

"She's sick" I contemplated for a moment whether to invite her or not but I remembered Irene's words yesterday. I bit down my lips and turned to her as we both step out of the elevator. "Do you wanna come?"

I led Seulgi to Irene and the moment Seulgi reached her, I immediately regretted it. I bit down my lips to stop the tears that were threatening to roll down my cheek as I watch her hold my love's hand and kiss the back of it. The way her eyes showed her worries and such.. and I can truly see that this Seulgi girl really likes her.

As much as I didn't want to leave them both alone, I had to. I can't stand the sight of seeing Irene with her affair. God! I even let that woman step inside our place.. now I wonder how many have she stepped in here.

Has Irene been taking her here whenever I'm at work?

God.. I don't even wanna think about it anymore. It's making me feel like a big fool. After this, I swear I won't waste my remaining days with Irene anymore. I should stop being like this and be selfish for once!

For once I will make myself happy..

I stood up to get myself beer after feeling my headache already coming. I shook my head a little and massaged it as I opened my can of beer and gulped it down. It temporarily eased me so I decided to do my work now.

I didn't even notice hours have passed by already until I heard someone clear her throat. I looked up to see Seulgi wearing a small smile.

"I'll be going now– take care of Irene will you? I wouldn't be able to come because we will be very busy with work"

"Of course I'll take care of her, you don't have to tell me that" I rudely replied to her, probably because I am already tipsy. She seemed unbothered though and smirked a little, shaking her head.

"If you say so.. I'll be going now" I didn't answer anymore but for some reason I felt my anger and irritation building up. I feel like the beer took a toll in me and I can feel my anger now.

I feel mad at Irene, at Seulgi, then me.

I finished another can of beer before going to the bedroom. I took a shower, a long one and then checked Irene on the bed. Thankfully, she wasn't that sick anymore.

"Lis.. Thank you for taking care of me" She flashed me that damn million dollar smile as if she knows that I keep on falling for it. I bit down on my lips and held the back of her head, pressing a gentle kiss on her forehead which caught her by surprise as she looked at me with wide, confused eyes.

"Anything for my girlfriend.. I'd do it" I replied her, chuckling. I took her hand and laced our fingers. I brought her hand up to my lips and began kissing her knuckles. "From now on, I'll be driving you to work and be fetching you. Then we'll go on dates. We should also go on a short vacation"

Irene held my chin and made me look at her. I stared at her softly, my thumb stroking her hand. "When will I even say no to you?"

She chuckled and I faked a smile for I know the answer to her question. When will she say no to me?

When I ask her to comeback.