nine

[I wrote this while listen to that song]

TRIGGER WARNING:
suicide attempt

The sunlight shines through the window. Taehyung stirs awake, feeling sore as he didn't dare move his body, too scared he would have missed the moment with Seokjin. Seokjin's head leans toward his, cheek pressed against his nape. It tickles, but it's also comfortable. He plans to stay still until Seokjin is up, but suddenly the door burst opened. He feels his heart jumps to his throat.

"Seokjin hyung?" A voice calls out. Taehyung's heart stops beating. The air suddenly is so brittle, almost choking the younger.

Seokjin whines. Taehyung can't stop his body from trembling. The older jolts awake as the younger can't stop shaking.

"Seokjin hyung." That voice drops an octave. "Who is he?" He sounds closer, and Taehyung can sense Seokjin freezes, sitting up on the bed.

"Yoongi?" Seokjin's hoarse voice breaks apart the serene, dragging Taehyung away from beautiful dream he just had, throwing him into reality he needs to cope and accepts. But he's afraid he's not capable of it. He's scared he will do something more stupid instead.

"Who is he, Hyung?" Now it sounds even closer. Taehyung gulps and forces himself to sit, awkwardly turns around to face the couple.

"Taehyung." Seokjin calmly answers.

Taehyung watches Yoongi's face falls, eyes dripping with tears, his shoulders start shaking, fists clench in his side. He opens his mouth, but nothing comes out. He wants to say sorry and convinces him nothing had happened, he wants to defend Seokjin, but all of them dies down inside his throat.

"Let's talk outside." Yoongi manages to say, he doesn't spare a glance to Taehyung. And he sprints out, leaving Seokjin and Taehyung in complete hideous silence.

"Hyungꟷ" Taehyung chokes up, fails to even say sorry.

Seokjin turns, smiling sadly. "Don't say anything, Taehyung-ah. You didn't do anything wrong."

"Butꟷ" Taehyung sees everything collapse before his eyes.

"We'll figure it out." Seokjin taps his shoulder gently. "Come on." The older seems so composed, Taehyung wonders how. But it helps him indeed. He's feeling a lot better now. Holding his breath, Taehyung follows Seokjin's step to walk out. He has Seokjin, nothing bad can happen, right?

Taehyung finds Jungkook sits on single couch, Yoongi on the sofa, and a tall-tan man paces back and forth behind the sofa Yoongi's sitting. Seokjin takes a sit on single couch across Jungkook. Taehyung doesn't know where to go, he stands close to Seokjin, too terrified to be anywhere near anyone else.

"Since when?" Yoongi asks, voice strained.

"We didn't do anything, Yoongi-ah." Seokjin says lowly as he rubs his face.

Yoongi looks up to stare at Taehyung instead. "But you like him." It's not a question.

"Yoongiꟷ"

Yoongi raises his hand to stop Seokjin. "I came to give you surprise, Hyung. I know I was too busy with work lately. I wanted this to be special. I planned this for a month, to surprise you on valentine's day. But then you gave me the surprise instead." He let his tears rolling down his cheeks, pain and betrayal plastered on his face.

Taehyung sees Seokjin stiffens. The older looks down, lips trembling as he utters,"I'm sorry."

"That's bullshit." A tall man behind Yoongi snaps. He cockily looks at Taehyung, and the younger suddenly feels chill running down his spine. "You are not sorry, Hyung. You have been hanging out non-stop with him, don't you? I've warned Yoongi hyung about ... that guy right there, but he trusted you too much to even questioning your relationship with him."