0.1|| p r o l o g u e

PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE

   THE SOUND OF LOUD chatter echoed through out platform 9¾. A family of six stood among the crowd in a tight group, a look of excitement was on each of the older children's faces. Tightening their grips on their trunks, they wait patiently for their parents to let them aboard the Hogwarts Express.

The Scamander family was rather well-known in the Wizarding world, but that didn't stop pure-bloods from looking down at them. Even with Newt's success they still believed that the Scamander name was disgraceful. 

You see, they we're what most prominent pure-bloods would consider as traitorous. They associated themselves with half-bloods,muggle-borns, half-breeds and even muggles. The situation only got worse when Newt Scamander went to America and married Tina Goldstein, a half-blood witch, officially tainting the Scamander line and befriended Jacob Kowalski, a muggle baker.

They didn't seem to care however, ignoring most of the distasteful comments and looks thrown their way. The large family was stuck in their own little bubble, they didn't even notice the sneers given by Walburga Black when she passed by.

"Remember to behave." Tina said as she gave each of her children a kiss on the forehead. She was going to miss them greatly. Their home was very quiet without them, thankfully however she still had Robin to accompany her. The six-year old wasn't going to Hogwarts any time soon.

"Wulfric watch over your siblings while you're there, and try to not get lost in the castle again. Auberon you should really be more careful when you play quidditch, I don't want to get another letter telling me about how you ended up in the hospital wing" She reminded them.

"Yes, mum." The two boys say in unison. Tina only shook her head in disbelief, not believing a single word they were saying.

"Aviana." She calls out, catching the attention of said girl. Kneeling down, she places a hand on her shoulder.

"Stop worrying. You're going to be fine."

"But what if no one will like me. What if I end being friendless for the rest of my life? What if everyone turns out hating me?" She rambles, looking nervously around the platform at all the other kids.

"You're a nice girl, sweetheart. I don't think anyone can not like you." Newt informs her. The corners of her mouth went up, she knew her father was only saying that to make her feel better and it worked perfectly.

"Besides you have us." Wulfric adds. Aubron quickly shakes his head in agreement.

"If someone ever gives you a hard time we'll be there to sort them out." Auberon tells her, pounding his fist into his hand. Her brothers words make her giggle in amusement, she couldn't imagine those big softies hurting anyone.

"There will be no sorting out." Tina says sternly. Letting out a small laugh, Newt brings his family into a group hug. After a few more goodbyes and reassurance, Tina finally lets them get on the train. The three Scamanders watch silently as they disappear from their sight.