Chapter 14 - Humairah

Today, the weather was stone cold and it was due to the heavy precipitation that took place throughout last night.

I overslept and the time wasn't by my side so I quickly put on my sweater and got myself prepared for work. Ahmad's driver, Faisal would soon come for me so I quickly took my breakfast – which was a hot tea and bread – and bade my uncle and his wife a warm goodbye.

As I stood outside the gate waiting for Faisal to come, the early morning trade wind turned me into a sail as it suddenly began bashing me from all corners.

"What's taking Faisal long?" I wondered as I checked my wristwatch, the time was quarter past six already and I supposed to be in Ahmad's house by six dot. What if they woke up and found out I hadn't arrive yet? Would they reduce my salary? I mulled over.

Phurrnn!

Phurrrnnn!!

The idiot Faisal nearly blew away my eardrums as soon as he arrived with his reckless driving and parked in front of me.

"Faisal, are you mad?" I squealed.

"Yes, I am mad" He smirked.

"No wonder!" I rolled my eyes.

"So, are you coming in or what?" He said as he wrinkled one of his brows.

"Do I have any choice?" I hissed at him.

The song that was booming in the car was – Kill Me With Love – by one of the influential musicians in the country.

So,
Be with me!

Yes,
Be with me! 

With all the love,
I need that too!

I mimicked as I stormed into the back passenger seat with my purse. "So you can't greet, huh?" I lightly knocked Faisal's head. "Don't you know I am your boss?"

"Och!" He screamed. "You are not my boss" He said as he rubbed his head – the spot I knocked. I loved knocking his big head.

"You said what?" I queried as I gave him another knock. This time around he accelerated the car making motion to pull me back. "Kai (hey), are you stupid?" I yelled at him as I fastened my seatbelt.

"That serves you right" He smirked.

"Huh?" I wrinkled my brows. 

"Yes!" She uttered.

Ever since I knew Faisal we had been this way. We always play around, poke fun at each other and even call each other strange names. He was a very funny guy.

I sat comfortably in the back passenger seat while enjoying one of my favourite songs as he drove us to our destination. The feeling of me being my boss' wife was allover me. Maybe I was only dreaming but I had that feeling that I would one day become Ahmad's wife God's Willing.

Oh my baby,
That is true!

The love I have for you!

And the feelings,
together with all the care!

So...
Be with me!

Yes...
Be with me! 

With all the love...
I need that too!

...

"Good morning, Humairah" Mubarak said as soon as Faisal pulled over in Ahmad Jaafar's parking lot. It was another day and my working hours had began.