Chapter 31 - Ahmad

"Goddammit!" I cursed under my breath as I hit the steering wheel of my car. I was furious, you know, and that was because the engine had refused to reignite. "Damn!" I stormed out of the car and kicked one of the front tyres with my foot. Why today of all days? I wondered.

Today was Sunday and I had just finished shopping for dinner in Kure Ultramodern Market, Minna. When I came with my car it was fine but now I didn't know what happened to it.

I pulled out my phone from my pocket about calling my mechanic when a man in dark blue caftan appeared with a Salam. He was very fair, just like me but was more taller in height.

"AsSalama Alaykum (peace be upon you)" He greeted me.

"Wa'alaykas Salam (peace be upon you too)" I responded.

"Your car, what is wrong with it?" He asked.

"It doesn't want to revive" I complained.

"Can I help?" He rose a brow.

"Are you a mechanic?" I asked because he didn't look like one. He looked pampered.

"No, but I studied Mechanical Engineering in Federal University of Technology, Minna" He proudly said while wearing a broad smile on his face.

"Okay then" I said as I handed him the car key.

"Bismillah (in the name of Allah)" He said as he stormed into the car. And after having tried severally to ignite the engine into action but to no avail, he alighted from the car and opened the bonnet. "Something is wrong with the coil" He said as he began touching things. I only kept looking at him, and as soon as he was done he returned back into the car and like miracle the engine revived after two consecutive attempts. He turned it off and turned it on again, it was fine. Thus, he turned it off and stormed out of the car. "You are good to go" He said handing the key back to me.

"Wow, thank you!" I gladly collected the key with a smile. "How much is your settlement?" I asked as I gently pulled out my wallet from one of my jeans pockets. "Tell me please, you deserve to be rewarded"

"You think I did this for money?" He smirked and extended his hand for a shake. "My name is Kamal Suleiman, but you can call me Ka7" 

"Ka7?" I puzzled as we shook hands.

"Yes, the 'Ka' stands for my name while the '7' stands for 7th born. I am the 7th born in my family" He said and continued. "And you?"

"Ahmad Jaafar Zaki, the sole heir of Zaki Company" I proudly introduced myself.

"Wow!" He dropped his jaw. "Hmm, I know your products. They are allover our house"

"Really?" I beamed.

"Yes!" He responded. "Nice to meet you, sir"

"You are welcome" I said as I swiped through my phone to the dialer. "Say your number please"

"Okay" He said and then gave me his contact. 

I flashed him and asked him to save my contact. He looked younger than me and appeared to be from a wealthy family too. We talked for some minutes before we finally bade each other goodbye.

Hence I drove back home and hopefully, Rania wasn't angry with me for my lateness. I helped her cooked the dinner and after that we ate and observed our magrib and isha prayers before retiring for the night. It was a great day, actually!

...

The following day after taking my breakfast, I bade Rania goodbye and drove to work. I didn't normally go to work at such early hours but I had a meeting to attend to in Zaki Headquarters which my father was the person in charge. It was about the expansion of Zaki Group to other continents. Many shareholders would be there as well.

I took some valuable files from my table and summoned my secretary through the intercom. "Jemima, I am ready" I said and in less than a minute she appeared before me.

"Help me with these files, the meeting is about to start" I said extending the bulky files to her. 

"Okay, but..." She hesitated.

"But what?" I rose a brow.

"I am kind of, I don't know, feeling feverish" She said as she gently took the files from me.

"Feverish?" I said as I placed my hardel on her neck. Her temperature was somehow high. "Sorry" I heaved a sigh and collected the files from her. "You should go home, Jemima"

"Okay sir, but who will escort you there? Should I call Sophia, Shuaibat, or Humairah?" She said.

"Call Humairah" I said without a second thought.

"Okay sir" She said and left.

...

After nearly two minutes later, Humairah came into my office with anger written allover her face. "I am here sir, what do you want?" She queried.

Actually, she looked so beautiful even with the angry face. Wait, did I just admired her? Like seriously? "I want you to help me with these files" I said.

"That's Jemima's work!" She snapped at me.

"Yes but Jemima isn't feeling fine" I said.

"Oh, okay, should I call..." She was saying when I cut in.

"Silence!" I exclaimed and that made her to jolt. Thus, I huffed and took the files to her. "Follow me with them and if you try anything selfish I swear to God I will... I am going to..." I couldn't even find the right words to use so I left her there and walked out of the factory to my car outside. I knew she would definitely follow me so I patiently waited for her in the car. It was quarter to 9am and the meeting would hold by 9am dot. One thing I still didn't understand was my feelings for Humairah, was it love or what? I didn't just understand!

"Open the door, sir!" She said as soon as she arrived, she was standing by the back door.

"Come to the front, I need you here" I said.

"Huh?!" She squealed. "But I... I thought I was only going to convey the files to your car that's all"

"No, you are also following me to our headquarters!" I said.

"But why me of all people, sir?" She asked. 

"I also don't know" I uttered as I unlocked the door for her by pressing a button. "Drop the files in the back and come sit in the front with me" I added like the boss I used to be.

"Okay then" She said, and guess what? She dropped the files in the back seat and sat close to them. "Let's go, sir!" She rudely uttered.

"Hey, Humairah!" I turned to her. "Are you not supposed to be in the front with me?" I asked.

"Sir, I didn't heard you well" She rolled her eyes at me and began operating her phone.

"Fine!" I angrily said as I turned and started the car. "Make sure you fasten your seatbelt"

"Don't even pretend as if you care" She said in what seemed like a whisper.

"You said what?" I asked to be sure of what I heard.

"Nothing" She muttered.

***************

Oh My God, this two cant be together o!

Seriously I don't know if I wrote this chapter well o, I'm beginning to experience writer's block.