Chapter 15 - Ahmad

Today, the weather wasn't just cold but also perfect. I had the best night with Naziha and I was practically satisfied.

One thing I liked about her these days was, even though she was aloof to me she never for once deprived me of my marital right. Whenever I needed her, she would make herself available to me.

"Damn!" I muttered as soon as I saw the time in the wall clock. I had overslept today probably because of the perfect moment I had with Naziha. She was still sleeping so I gently pecked her on her shoulder and withdrew from the bed.

The time was 6:40am, meaning I had missed fajr. I disliked missing fajr with the congregation because of the huge reward. Just as I was about performing a spiritual bath (Jannaba), I heard the sound of a horn. It was Faisal, the driver. He had drove in with Humairah.

She arrived a little bit late today. Her normal time was 6:00am to 6:30am (rarely), but reverse was today's case. Did something bad happened to the car while on their way or what? I should go and ask her! I mulled over as I walked out of the room with just an undershirt and shorts. After all, I was even dehydrated!

...

The entire sitting room downstairs was saturated with the marvelous aroma of what Humairah had just began cooking. I gulped as I walked into the kitchen without Salaam. I deliberately did that to see how her reaction would be. As soon as she saw me, she quickly turned concentrating on what she was doing.

"Are you waiting for me to greet you?" I uttered and that made her to jolt, she was surprised to see me.

"Good morning, sir" She greeted.

"Morning" I huffed almost asking about their drive when I changed my mind. If there was anything I needed to know about it I should ask Faisal instead since he was the driver. "Can I get a glass of something please?" I wrinkled a brow.

"Oh, yeah!" She lowered the cooker and took a glass cup from the wall cabinet thus, walked to the freezer and brought out a chilled Zaki Apple Juice for me.

"No!" I quickly rejected it the fact that I was beginning to hate my father. In fact, I shouldn't be seeing anything that had to do with him or his damn company in my house henceforth. I thought.

"Huh?" She wrinkled her brows.

"I would rather drink water than that thing. In fact, get anything Zaki out of that freezer later, okay?" I ordered.

"Okay, sir" She nodded and quickly changed the Zaki Juice to a Can Coke.

"Now you are talking, Humairah!" I said as I unhesitatingly grabbed it and left.

...

Naziha was still sleeping soundly in the bed so I gently woke her up after having performed my own spiritual bath (Jannaba). "My love, please don't go back to sleep again. You need to go and take your bath, okay?" I said as I walked to the closet with a towel wrapped around my waist and changed into a jalabiya and a blue jeans trousers.

"You do not need to tell me what to do, Ahmad" She said as she lazily withdrew from the bed and heeded towards the bathroom. "By the way, I hope you haven't forgotten about our trip?"

"Actually, no but..." I was saying when Humairah knocked our door gently.

"Food is ready, sir and ma" She said.

"Alright!" I said and gently turned to Naziha and continued. "The thing is..."

"We will talk about it in the dining room" She cut in as she walked into the bathroom. Time wasn't by her side.