Chapter 8 : I Heard A Rumor

(the first line is bars, dodo. +when she copies a power, it lasts for 24 hours OOH MORE BARS)
wc: 1524 (EWWWWW WTF)
cc: 8461

Rain started pouring. It was getting boring. So I fell asleep.

Next thing I knew, it was day and we were at the house where I fainted at. Harold's house. Allison leaves but I stay in the car. When she comes back, she doesn't say a word. She starts driving and I jump to the academy.

"Holed up in his office and room all day and night." When I end up on the table, everyone except Five flinches.

"Hello." I whisper, waving.

"Feeling better?" He asks. I nod.

"A little. You?" He side smiles, nodding. "Kay, bye!" I yell, jumping back into the moving car. Except it wasn't moving. We were somewhere else. I see Charlotte outside the window and I jump, surprised.

Her face was pressed up against the glass. I wave for her to come in and she looks down at the handle. I unlock the door and push the door open for her. She crawls in, shutting the door slowly.

"No, you've gotta do it like this." I open the door back up and slam it, making her flinch at the loud noise.

"My bad. I've only ever-"

"Gotten in, I know. Spoiled brat." I joke, smiling at her. I know she doesn't care. She knows and she feels bad, but isn't guilty.

"Innocent as charged." What did I say? I think. We laugh together but shut up as Allison enters the car.

"I could've burned in here." I say, startling her.

She sighs. "It's literally nighttime, Ei- Jessica." I roll my eyes. I know she was about to say my name. My real name that is not Jessica. I guess Mom just decided to name the kids after Five and I disappeared.

"Meet my friend." I tell her. She looks back, her eyes meeting Charlotte's. She starts the car and starts driving.

"I'm Charlotte. You can call me CJ." Allison's eyes widen.

"Charlotte, what?"

CJ chuckles nervously, pulling her sweatshirt over her arm since it was rolled up. "Jenkins..." She mumbles. Allison gasps, swerving the car.

"Allison!" I scream. "She's on our side!"

"Why would you bring Harold's sister here?" She yells back.

"Because I trust her!" I scoff, wanting to throw her out the car. "She will give us info on him, you bitch!" I lean my head back and run my temples.

"It's okay, don't worry about me." She puts her hand on my shoulder. I chuckle sarcastically.

Allison focuses her attention back on the road. "Right. Sorry. I'm sorry."

It's daytime when I wake up. I lay on the seat and Charlotte's on the floor. I groan, stretching. "You're up. Finally." Allison says.

"Shut the f-" She cuts me off by turning the engine on.

When we get to the house, everything is going crazy. The flickering lights, the rocking chairs, even the wind chimes. "Vanya? Is that you?" Allison calls.

"Vanya! It's Charlotte Jenkins! I'm Har- Leonard's twin sister!" CJ attempts to yell over the sound of violin music and everything that was going on. We open the door.

"Vanya, there you are. What is going on?" Vanya stops playing her violin, making everything else stop. I smile, running up to her and throwing my arms around her.