Chapter 9 : Changes

wc: 3076
cc: 16400

"Come on! Let's go!"

"I don't think she's breathing!"

"If we don't get her upstairs, she's gonna die!"

Is all I hear over the ringing of my ears. Five sets me down on my twin bed and lays next to me. "I'm bloody." I sniff. He chuckles.

I turn my body to lay on my left side, facing him. He reaches up and wipes the tears off my face.

"I killed her." I weep.

"No, you didn't." He pulls my head so it's in his chest and I fall asleep. Well, he doesn't know what happened.

"That bastard that nearly killed our sister is still out there, with Vanya. We need to go after her." With that, my eyes snap open and I reach for Five, but he isn't there. And I notice that I'm on one of the couches in the living room.

I notice I'm in the blue and white pajamas. I furrow my eyebrows, wondering how it happened.

"Vanya isn't important." I hear Five reply to Diego. I close my eyes, hoping they won't know I'm awake.

"Hey, that's your sister. A little heartless, even for you, Five." Diego says.

"I'm not saying I don't care about her, but if the apocalypse happens today, she dies along with the other seven billion of us. Harold Jenkins is our first priority." I can feel Fives eyes on me.

"I agree. Let's go." Diego approves.

"You guys can count me out. I mean, you know, no offense or whatever. It's just... I kind of feel like this is a whole lot of pressure for newly-sober me, so..." Klaus trails off.

"You're coming," Diego demands.

"I mean, I think we can all agree that my powers... I mean, it's pretty much useless. I'd just be holding you back." I can literally see Klaus trying to persuade them into him not going.

"Klaus, get up." Five deadpans.

"You can't make me." I hear something land inside the couch, maybe one of Diego's knives.

"Oh, then again, a little exercise couldn't hurt." I hear them all walk away but the footsteps stop slowly like they're expecting me to chase after them.

I hear Five sigh then scoff. I know his sighs. "Je-" when he turns me over, he stops when he sees me smiling at him. "Get up." He says. I pout.

"We don't have time for this, J." Diego sighs.

"My injury will hold-" I yelp when Five picks me up bridal style.

When Five closes the door, Diego starts the car and drives. I sit up, since Five laid me down, and snuggle into Fives side.

Diego and Klaus get out of the car but I don't move. "We need to-"

"No." I start rubbing his back. He moans softly before slapping a hand over his mouth.

"Alright, I'm gone." He says before spatial jumping away, making me fall onto the car seat.

"Ouch."

I limp into the house. "It's not exactly what I was expecting." I hear Klaus say. Limping into the kitchen, I see Harold on the floor, the table under him.

Forks, knives, anything sharp... stabbed into his body.

Blood coming out of everywhere, even his hairline.