A Family Chat

I stretched my arms up over my head after walking out of the police station with Katsuki. We were sitting at a table for a long time answering questions and giving information. It's only when I had to tell them my relationship with the red-haired villain that my mindset faltered. I told them about how I inherited her Quirk and the kid on the train that could possibly be hers. The fact that I could have a sister and a younger brother shattered the wall that I kept in my mind that kept my mother out of my life. I could feel Katsuki's gaze as I looked down, I told them about me inheriting two Quirks after Katsuki left the room first.

A honk shook me from my thoughts and I looked up to see my dad waiting for us. He dropped Katsuki off at his place and drove us home. It was silent. I went and sat at the kitchen table.

"Dad?"

"Yes?"

"I saw Mom"

The plastic cup he grabbed from the cabinet bounced on the counter and dropped into the sink.

"You what?"

"Mom! Red hair, yellow eyes, fangs, taller than me. She was at the villain's hideout. I saw her on the train once! I punched her in the fucking face! All For One knew! HE TOLD ME!" I stood up from the chair and walked around the table. The cats jumped on the table to see what the commotion was.

Dad stayed silent. "She's a villain?" His voice was almost inaudible. "Is that why you asked..."

"Yeah..." I breathed

It was silent.

"I know Dabi too, I saw Mom on the train on my way to see Dabi. Dad... I don't know what to do." I held my head in my hands and held back tears.

"You know Dabi? The train... what?" He picked the cup up from the sink and set it on the counter. He walked up to me and pulled me to the couch.

"Explain everything, please"

I knew he would be disappointed to hear that I sneak out every month, I won't tell him that I drink or he'd actually kill me. I still need to tell him everything.

"So, once a month I sneak out of town to a party" I cringed, expecting him to yell or anything of the sort.

"I know, keep going"

"Wait you know?"

"Emma, of course I know, you sing pretty well, by the way"

Unable to catch up to what he said I stared at him. "Why didn't you say anything, like, 'hey stop sneaking out and drinking once a month'" I lowered my voice an octave to mimic his voice.

He shrugged. "You weren't hurting anybody, plus I did the same thing so it would be hypocritical of me." both cats had jumped onto the couch and sat between us.

"You're unbelievable." I sighed.

"Would you rather me ground you for a month for all the times you've snuck out?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Nope! Thanks for being so lenient with me!" I smiled. He chuckled a little and let me continue. "Anyway, last time I went, Dabi texted me saying that he can't hold the party at the end of the month because he would be busy with work. I guess this was his work." I pulled my phone from my pocket and opened up our messages to show my dad.

"He asked you on a date?"

"Many times. On the train ride there a little boy with short red hair and yellow eyes came up to me and said I look like his older sister." He looked up from my phone. "After that, a woman came up, who at this point we already know is Mom, and took him back,"