Is It a Date...?

Danny had been going to his favorite restaurant every week, on Thursday. He found it a nice way to relax, especially since that was their least packed day. He liked being alone sometimes, despite his extroverted nature.

He closed his eyes, enjoyed the soft breeze, before a voice caught him in a stupor.

"Danny?" he heard someone — Drew — ask.

Danny opened his eyes quickly, as Drew looked at him. "You go here too?" Drew questioned. "Yeah, pretty much every Thursday..."

"That isn't very healthy," Drew muttered, before continuing. "Can I sit here?"

Danny nodded, scooting to the side of the bench, watching Drew set his meal on the table. It was the basic meal anyone would get at a fast food place, a burger, some fries, and a drink.

"Where's Amanda?" Danny asked. "Oh, she went to go sign up for some karate program or something. She was really hesitant to tell me anything," he casually replied, taking a bite out of his burger.

"That's pretty weird. So did Laura," Drew said, obviously not concerned in any way. "It's cool though," he finished. He took a fry off his plate,  dipping in in ketchup and eating it. He repeated this as he scrolled on Instagram, not registering the awkward atmosphere.
————
Drew waved goodbye at Danny, smiling widely before he walked away. As he sat in his car, he clutched his chest, feeling his heart beat rapidly. When had he started to feel this way?

He turned his cars AC on, full blast, filling the car with cold air. Despite this, he still felt his cheeks burning red, as he imagined Danny's smiling face.

"Snap out of it Drew! You're not gay," he told himself. But he was not fooling anyone. Because, in fact, when he and Danny were eating together, they were not five feet apart.

But Amanda not Laura crosses Drew's mind as he pondered on his feelings for Danny. Why would he?

If he fell in love with Danny, that doesn't mean he would pursue him. That would be wrong. They're both married!

They could not be together.

Yet another question lingered on Danny and Drew's minds. "Was it a date?"