Killing Them Off

You guys never really said anything about the killing off, and I'm an optimist so uh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"So? What did you wanna tell me?" Danny sighed. Drew looked at him aghast, not expecting the awkward situation to have arised.

"Uh," Drew began, trying to form words. "I just, uhm, called Amanda and..."

"And what? Was their trip canceled because of the virus or something?" Danny looked bored, as if he couldn't care less. Drew thought it was an odd look for him, considering Danny usually only talked about things he was passionate about.

"Well, it sounded kind of... wack," Drew continued, really not wanting to expose his wife for any wrongdoing. Even if they were cheating on each other, he still felt a faint feeling of love inside him that belonged to Amanda. And he reckoned Danny also loved Laura to some degree.

"They were kind of--moaning--and uh, I dunno," Drew began to sweat. What was he to say next? Would Danny not believe him? Would he simply write it off? Would this ruin their relationship?

'Why am I thinking of Danny in this situation?! My wife might be cheating on me!'

"What do you mean by they?" Danny asked. He presumed Drew meant Amanda and another man, and was prepared to console the fellow YouTuber.

"Err... Laura," he managed to say, after an awkward pause.

Danny was shocked, but for the wrong reason. Was Laura also cheating? He really didn't think her to be that kind of person...! And with Amanda? Was she crazy?

Danny was about to start talking once more, if not for his phone buzzing loudly in his pocket. "That's mine, be right back, Drew," Danny took out his phone before leaving the room.

At the same time, Drew happen to receive a phone call as well. He wondered who it was, considering it was from an unknown number. Maybe it was Logan Paul, considering he might've learned of his relationship with Danny?

'Nah... that's for another chapter.'

Instead of pondering on the caller's identity for longer, Drew picked up, and put the phone to his ear.

"Hello, is this the husband of Amanda Gooden?" The unknown caller asked.

Drew nodded, before remembering the phone couldn't hear him nodding and replied with a short "Yes".

"We have already contacted all of Amanda Gooden's close family and they told us to reach out to you," the caller began. "I'm one of the employees affiliated with Silversea Cruises, and we regret to inform you that due to an unfortunate event, your Amanda Gooden has passed."

Drew was shocked to his core. Two insane things had happened to him in one day--he discovered his wife was cheating on him, with another woman, and that she had died...!

"How... why did she did?" His voice trembled. Even if he had cheated on his wife, he still somewhat loved her. He had still cared about her even when he heard her having sex with someone else.

The employee sighed. "A patient on the cruise was diagnosed with COVID-19, and because of that, things got out of hand and the captain was pushed overboard. About 3 hours ago, the ship crashed into another boat, and many people were killed or seriously harmed in the collision, sir."

Drew's heart began to swell with guilt and worry. His wife was dead..!

His cheating, lovely, negligent, kind, two-faced, and comedic wife had died.