The Trip

"Laura, you can't seriously be thinking about going on a trip during the outbreak!" Danny argues with his wife, Laura.

The cruise they had scheduled had gone I canceled despite recent attempts by the government to limit vacation and travel. This had made Danny angry; they shouldn't travel and possibly get coronavirus!

"Danny, we already paid for this, and they won't refund us! It'd be a waste not to go," the wife groaned. Laura was often like this, once she wanted something she would persist until she got it. Danny, on the other hand, wasn't very bold and at most would post on Twitter about reviewing his legal options.

Eventually, Danny broke down and let her go, despite his uncharacteristic insistence that she cancel the trip. It would be fine, right...?

Meanwhile, Drew was scheduled to come over to Danny's house while Amanda and Laura would drive the 64 miles to where the cruise was. Drew himself was as reluctant to let Amanda go on vacation as Danny, and yet they found their protests ineffective in the end.

So while Amanda and Laura would be on a cruise ship through the keys and Mexico, Drew and Danny would continue their normal day-to-day lives.

AKA they were going to stay home.

Soon enough, Drew arrived at Danny's house... it smelled like cocoa and spice, and despite having been there a dozen times, Drew felt his stomach jitter with butterflies.

He knocked on Danny's door, fixing his slouched posture and waiting for a response.
After a second of waiting, Drew saw Danny's concerned yet happy face answer the door.

An awkward tension filled the air as Danny let Drew settle in and unpack. There was an unspoken connection they felt to one another and didn't know how to address it.

"I hope Amanda is okay," Drew muttered to himself as he unpacked his bags on the left side of Danny's room. For some reason, despite Danny having over 1 million subscribers, he didn't have a guest room that Drew could stay in.

"Yeah, I do too..." Danny replied, sitting on his bed and scrolling through Instagram. The room grew quiet again, the only noise being the constant shuffling of items and boxes.

The two soon grew bored of the silence and did the only thing you can do when in a room with another person: talked to each other.

It started out mundane and frankly uninteresting, but soon Drew found himself blushing at the subtle compliments Danny would insert into his replies. Was this just Danny's charisma or--

'No, I'm married.'

And so that was how the next hour and seventeen minutes went on as Drew unpacked; the two talking awkwardly and almost flirting.

Good/bad news! My school shut down because of coronavirus (till April 20th, maybe more if it gets extended), so I'll probably update two times this month. Also, sorry this was somewhat bad. It's 9:45 a.m and I woke up at 7:00 p.m yesterday.