Chapter 27 - Curse

The feeling never changes. They never get used to it. The taste of Miles' blood. The rush of Axel's venom. It's as if they're experiencing it for the first time, every time. And there have been many more times after the first.

It's always Miles who asks.

At first Axel felt like he wasn't in the position to. It was Miles' blood he was drinking, he wasn't loosing anything.

Axel felt like he owed it to Miles. To take away his pain. The pain that all stemmed from him.

And whenever Miles would ask (or demand) Axel to bite him, his eyes would light up and he wouldn't hesitate to say yes.

This is the first time Axel has ever said

"No."

"Axel, please." He begs. "Baby."

It would have worked a week ago, hell it probably would have even worked yesterday but there's something different about Miles. He's changing. And Axel doesn't like this change.

"No Miles. I bit you 2 days ago. I don't think it's safe to have that much venom in you."

"Fine." Miles says, looking away disappointed.

"Miles-"

"I said it's fine." Miles walks out of Axel's room then. He doesn't go to his own.

Miles tries to convince himself that the reason he's going to see Sydney is to make sure she's alright. As anyone could have expected, Sydney didn't take the news of her best friend's death very well. She hasn't gone out. She's cried so much that her eyes have become permanently red. She's broken. And she's in pain. And she's scared it will never go away. The one person who she thought would literally be with her forever was gone. It was too much to bare.

"Hey Sydney."

Sydney doesn't reply as she opens her apartment door wider for Miles to get in. She's wrapped in a blanket, fresh faced, her natural black hair pulled into a messy bun at the top of her head, her usual glowing brown skin looks dull.

"How are you holding up?"

"I've felt better." She answers.

"I have an idea of what could make you feel better." Miles suggests.

Sydney, tired of being so sad all the time, listens.

"You could bite me."

"Bite you? But I've never bitten anyone before."

"It's ok, I can instruct you. I promise you it'll feel amazing. It's a distraction and right now you and I need one."

"I-I don't know about this Miles. I could hurt you and what about Axel? Is he ok with this?"

"You won't hurt me. And Axel's fine with it."

Miles hates lying.

"Fuck it, let's do it. I'm out of all options."

But he's desperate.