Chapter 1

Backstory

It was Saturday night and you were still unpacking boxes from your old house. You and your parents moved from America to Korea because of your parent's work. 

 Although you had missed home and your friends very much, you were also happy to be in Korea. You were starting senior year of high school and you hoped you could make lots of new friends.                                     

Present Time                                                          

You sigh as you unpack your box of clothes. You were wearing a cute pair of pajamas already since you were looking forward to being able to sleep.

 Your parents weren't home and you were getting hungry. You groan as you look at the clothes all over your floor.

 "Why did I pack so much clothes?!" 

As you go to grab a hanger the doorbell rings.

 Who could that be?

You walk downstairs and open the door to see a tall boy with the most handsome smile you've ever seen. 

"Hey, my parents sent me over here to say hello and to introduce myself since you're our new neighbors..."

 His voice was deep but soothing and he had dark brown hair that matched with his beautiful brown eyes. However, as you were admiring his looks you were interrupted by the boy waving his hand in front of your face.

 "Helloooo...?" 

You quickly look up at him as your cheeks become flushed.

 "O-Oh right, sorry!"

 He laughs. His laugh made your cheeks become even more red and you were hoping he wouldn't notice.

 "Well I guess I should introduce myself then! I'm Taehyung, nice to meet you!"

 He gives you the most adorable box smile and you of course smile back at him. 

"I'm y/n, nice to meet you."

There was an awkward silence between the two of you.

 "Well! It was nice meeting you but I guess I should head back before it gets too late.."

 You check the time on your phone, 10:43PM.

"Yeah I guess you're right.."

 You were a bit disappointed that he was already leaving, but then your stomach growls. 

"Hey, maybe you can come over for dinner at my place?" 

You look at him a bit confused.

 "Your family eats dinner this late at night?" 

He scratches the back of his neck and chuckles a bit.

 "My parents are working at the moment actually so it's just me and my brother.."

 You watch as his eyes soften a bit.

 "Yeah my parents are working too. It happens a lot to be honest. But if you really want me too then I guess I could come over for a bit!" 

Taehyung's eyes lighten up and he smiles. 

"Really?"

 You laugh at his childish behavior.