Epilogue

3 months later:

"Are you ready" I hear my brother as he comes in my room.

I'm wearing a blue coloured spaghetti strap dress.

"Looking nice, my girl" Jake says and I smile.

"But...." he protests and stops

"What?" I ask

"Are you sure you don't wanna do anything about those scars and marks I mean any treatment or something ?" he asks.

"No, I know these scars carry a lot of bad memories and pain, but I don't wanna forget it, it gives me strength and makes me stronger."
~~~~~~~~~~~

Jake stops the car as we reach our destination.

"I really don't get, why you come here every month, I'm ready if you want to turn the car," he says and I stay quiet and smile and get out of the car.

"I'll be back in a few minutes" and I say to Jake and turn and read the board.

"Stephen's Mental Health Care" and I go in.

"Hi, Alice" Doctor Riley says

"Hi," I say

"So what you wanna know?" She asks

"How's he doing, now," I ask

"He's recovered a lot and most of the time he's engaged in writing and painting stuff," she says.

"Can I see him ?" I ask

"Yeah, but from the window," she tells and I nod.

She takes me to a room and stands by the window, where I see

Roger sitting in a corner writing something.

I stare for some time and he looks at me and I expect him to do something but he completely ignores me, which kind of satisfies me.

Doctor Riley comes towards and I smile.

"You were a right doc, he's recovering very fast" she smiles back.

I go back and sit next to Jake in the car "Alice I brought the flowers which you asked me" Jake says while passing the bouquet of lily.

A tear falls from my eyes by seeing his favourite flowers, which I used to give on his birthdays, the smile which always used to appear on his face. I miss that smile, I miss him, I miss my best friend.

Flashback:

"Shoot! You have made a huge mistake, old friend." Roger says holding his injured arm and picks up the gun and points it towards Marcus.

I, in helplessness, take a glass vase and burst it on Roger's head and suddenly I hear a gun's shot.

Marcus falls on the ground the bullet hit him.

The police immediately came by the sound of the gun shot, they arrest Roger and took the gun from his hand.

I run towards Marcus and put his head on my lap, no no this is not real it's just a bad dream.

"Somebody call the ambulance" I shouted.

I look at Roger and see regret in his eyes, it's clear he intentionally didn't hurt Marcus and all this happened because he was blinded by an obsession for me.

The ambulance came and I sit beside Marcus holding his hand tightly, the fear of losing him, was killing me from inside I don't want to lose my best friend.

"Can't you drive faster, speed up we need to take him to the hospital, he needed to be treated" I yelled.

"Miss we can't do anything the bullet hit on his heart his pluses has stopped he is no more"

"Stop talking rubbish I just checked he was breathing," I look at Marc his eyes which were open a little, a few seconds ago are now fully closed.

I lost him my best friend, I hugged his lifeless body and break down into tears.

-Flashback end-

"It's my fault Marc is not with us, Roger is not only the one responsible for it, but I am also responsible for Marc death. He died because of me, due to my stupidity I lost my best friend."

"I wish I could go back in time and changed it, change my stupidity of hitting the vase on Roger I wanted to save Marcus but by stupidity cost Marcus life"

"Stop it, Alice, stop blaming yourself it wasn't your fault, you wanted to save him from that bastard."

"Only he is responsible for Marc death so stop blaming for the mistake you haven't done, Marc wouldn't be happy by seeing you blaming yourself, he wanted you to be happy," Jake says by wiping my tears.

We reached the graveyard and I put the flowers on his grave.

"Hey brother, well today was a nice day and I felt glad to see Roger is recovering and yeah I'm moving to Paris for higher studies. I don't think, I'm gonna miss this place at all , I wish you were here to say goodbye to me, I miss you so much" I say with a soft smile.

It's not easy for me to shift to Paris but thanks to my amazing boyfriend, Kevin who also decided to go Paris for higher studies. It's still hard to believe that after all the things he had gone through because of me. He still choose to be with me.

The police found Kevin, unconscious in an abandoned place, he was barely breathing he was immediately admitted to the hospital on time with God grace he recovered.

I stood up and walk towards the car where Jake is waiting for me. I hugged him and sit beside him to start a new journey away for my past.

End•

Author's note:

Hey guys please don't kill me for such an ending, I know you guys must be wanting a happy ending but all stories aren't happy.

I am so happy and emotional at the same point, I can't believe this book has finished.

I want to thank all my readers for the support and a big thank for ignoring the grammatical errors and reading it❤️