Chapter Eleven - P1

It recently came to my attention that as the leader, judge, and royalty of the vampire, witch and partial werewolf race, naturally, I broke the most laws. I never cared about trails of human bodies left in my wake, nor hiding the secret of the vampire. If I was just an average vampire my deeds would have surely meant I'd been removed from existence centuries ago. It's thoughts like these that made me appreciate who I was and the power I wielded, yet at the very same time, I wish someone would be brave enough to do what I would never be able to do and end my long existence.

      Snapping out of my tiresome gaze I look around the plane that was currently above the Bay of Bangle, the area of sea that ran between Indonesia and India. Across from me, Oliver was tapping away on a blackberry at a furious inhuman pace, I was surprised the small thing could even keep up. I heard Kelsie restlessly moving in the bedroom behind me as she tried to sleep through the flight and from what I could tell, she was failing.

      On the two white leather seats across the walkway from me, Tom had his eyes closed; snoring softly with his dark brown hair flattened against his forehead and across from him was Essie, a scowl on her face as she played some type of game on her mobile. On the next couple of chairs behind them Luke and Reid played a game of the chess, it appeared that Luke was an artful and strategic player and Reid was getting his arse whipped. I could imagine the smug look Luke would be wearing while he beat the younger boy, but considering his back was to me I could only presume. Reid, on the other hand, was an open book and for once, what were usually guarded cold eyes looked confused and aggravated by the game he was clearly not familiar with.

      I snorted as Luke took a knight and Oliver's eyes flashed to meet mine, he then turned in the direction of my eyesight and his nose turned up in a way it always did when he was amused by something.

      "Should we help him?" Oliver asked mildly. Reid noticed we were watching and his eyes flared as if the mere suggestion of help from us was blasphemy.

      "You see, while the ladies second favourite hunter is excellent at chopping off vampires heads, when it comes to something that involves intelligence, I am terribly afraid he's rather shit," Luke said whilst mocking my cousin's snobbish London accent.

      "You know, Lucas. My accent, no matter how terribly accurate one's representation of it may be, can never really bring you to the same level of sophistication and charm as I have Therefore I, using the knowledge I have gained from my many oxford degrees, think it would be best had you go back to fucking whores and drinking cheap beer." Essie's mouth dropped open into a goldfish shape.

      "Oliver!" I gasped.

      "Myra!" Essie looked at me as if I had something to do with this.

      "Luke, calm yourself," Reid warned as his friend's knuckles whitened around the leather of the plane seat.

      Silence ran and only the low hum of the turbines could be heard as everyone held their breath in anticipation, I would have been fine with a fight. I was secure in my knowledge that Oliver would win but on a plane, high in the sky, going down meant there was a chance I would perish.

      "No joke, you're all pathetic." Kelsie stood at the entrance to the bedroom, her bed head evident and a long t-shirt barely reaching mid-thigh.

      "Miss Cruize, I would advise you back to bed." Tom opened one eye and said before he closed it again. We all waited for something to happen when Tom huffed and stood up in the walkway. "Myra, control your cousin. Mr. Colton, please refrain from offending Luke. Luke, don't be a dick. Essie, close your goddamn mouth. And to everyone else, shut the hell up, some of us actually want to sleep." He went to a spare couple of seats and pulled a curtain around them, leaving the rest of us alone.