Chapter Fifteen - P2

I had prepared myself for a bit of a scuffle but this was...a battle. Blood and the dead were strewn across the small clearing but most of the fighting was in the woods, just then a wolf ran past my back and was slain by a long and sharp silver sword belonging to the one and only Luke. The wolf shrank to a man and I knew it was dead, if it hadn't been fatal he wouldn't have shifted back.

"Well, that wasn't nice." I scowled as I spoke but then a wolf spotted us and began to run in our direction. Taking a firm hold of Luke's shirt I pulled us out of sight and pushed him against the rough bark of a tree.

He groaned, "Damn, don't look at me like that! He would have killed me or one of the others!"

"I'm so sorry, want a cuddle?" I strode away a few steps and became conscious of the creatures soon to come upon us.

"Tell me what's happened?"

"Nobody really knows, we said we'd consider the wolves request and then a few hours later they attacked. All we can do is protect the humans until we can actually talk." It made sense, but these guys both needed to learn about communication.

"Go; just don't kill any more wolves." I wasn't sure whether he would listen but they weren't achieving anything by slaughtering the other.

I ran out into where Arianna and Max St. John were circled by about ten wolves, edging closer together as the big creatures closed in. I couldn't let the twins lose their parents.

"The Hillington Council orders you to stop," I spoke loudly and the furry bodies, along with the St. John's, turned to face me.

"Myra, please don't," Arianna started but I silenced her with my hand as a wolf transformed before my eyes. Naked, but I was no prude, it was only Max who looked uncomfortable.

"We don't answer to the Council." All I did was raise an eyebrow at the thirty odd-year-old man.

"That won't stop me killing you, now do yourselves a favour and stop this attack!" In a matter of seconds, he shifted and raced towards me, without blinking I plunged my hand into his chest and when he dropped to the floor I held his most vital organ in my hand. I let it roll off my hand onto the forest floor and blood dripped onto my shoes. I sighed. "And people say I don't give second chances!" Then I remembered how I told Luke not to kill any wolves, I'm such a hypocrite.

All of the remaining wolves came at me, Arianna dispatched two and Max took one, both with gleams of silver swords, I smirked in satisfaction at finally getting some action and ran to the clearing where I would have the advantage of space. They followed and once we arrived I demobilised four wolves with easy swipes before toying with the remaining two. I haven't fought in a battle in what must be just under a hundred years and I was rather enjoying it.

The biggest wolf ran, its long black fur striking through the air, I feigned a scared duck but caught its neck in one hand, twisting it so the wolf shrank back to its human form, dead. The other one howled in either pain or enragement. However, before I could end the last wolf I smelled a very familiar scent, Reid. I turned in its direction, my mind forgot about the wolf with deadly intent and all I could focus on was the man I had come to care about. Finally, I spotted him, lying several hundred feet away and less than a second later I was by his side.

Across his torso blood was pouring out and another cut ran from his right eyebrow to his left jaw line, his eye looked destroyed and his heartbeat was faint. I fell to my knees and my hands hovered above him, unsure of what to do. My heart felt like it was ripping into a million pieces and I failed to notice the people beginning to mill around us and my cousin depleting whatever werewolves dared to come near.

"Reid! Open your eyes, please!" I begged and sobs threatened to tear at my throat. "Reid!" This time, I screamed, hoping he would he would hear my plea. I stroked his dark messy hair. "Please." But he didn't move and his heartbeat grew fainter.

It was then I was wrenched away by Oliver and hunter medics flooded in a circle around him, I struggled against my cousin's grip. Reid was my mate! However, Oliver's arms were like silver around my waist, unsusceptible to my strength. Realising I wasn't going anywhere; I leant against Oliver's chest and closed all my senses off. When I opened my eyes, the medics had gone and it was only the hunters that remained, along with all the carcases.

"He'll be fine Myra, we're not human, remember?" Arianna choked out from her families and Luke's side, but I knew, they were lying to me.

"Hunters are strong; do not worry about the boy." I would have known that familiar Romanian drawl from anywhere and I froze.

"No..." Oliver whispered and let go of me, we both turned.

There he stood, a tall lean figure donning an expensive black three-piece suit, a gold pocket watch chain just visible. Long black hair was pulled back in a loose low ponytail and blue eyes sparkled with amusement, his pallor was still ghostly pale and it was him, it really was.

"Father," I breathed out.

"Yes, it has been a while hasn't it?" He smiled his fangs just visible as he casually walked over to stand just feet away.

"Vladimir Hillington, you're Vladimir. The original vampire! You actually spawned!" Luke exclaimed but I heard Tom kick him and a grunt sounded.

"Being the original vampire is just so overrated, I'm Lysander, first born of Vladimir Hillington." Then my eldest brother appeared, unruly dark hair cropped shorter than usual and a charming smile in place on this perfectly sculptured face. He was dressed in blue jeans, a grey t-shirt, and brown boots. It threw me off guard how well he fit into this era and my brow furrowed.

"H-How are you here?" I caught myself and stared at them both as if they would vanish.

A melodic female Greek voice sounded, "We don't actually know, we awoke exactly one month ago." Then I ran, and threw myself into my mother's arms. Her arms wrapped around me and held me close, one hand smoothing down my hair.

"Oh, Myra, it's okay, we're all together now."