Epilogue

Dear Sorinah,

      I think, in the short time I knew Reid for, I decided that I still don't know who I am and I still can't judge character. That okay, I think. I've considered the fact that perhaps I am still mentally a fifteen-year-old, I think that's okay. I've considered the possibility that Christian was not my one true love, that maybe he was just filling a hole I didn't know was there. In fact, in the short time I've known Reid; I've decided and considered and reconsidered that I don't know quite a lot of things.

      Although I do know something; it's that I love Reid Ryden. I love him for all his faults just as he loves me for mine. I'm a little more than aware he is a hunter, just as he is aware I'm a vampire. We've both decided we just don't care.

      We are going to leave Mors Town behind. I've decided I'll leave his hometown alone for the time being. Last week we bought an old manor is Italy that needs a lot of restoration work; we're going to make that home. Once it's mainly finished I'll call for Cătălina and Kelsie to begin their training. Our family can come to visit if they chose to, but after they didn't tell me they had been alive for several months, my annoyance is quite obvious. Reagan's coming of course. The rest of the hunters aren't too bothered with Reid leaving, he's well trained and a fine warrior as his father told me, but he's not extraordinary and Virginia doesn't need him.

      Reid and I haven't mentioned the fact he will age and I will not, I could turn him into a vampire but he would resent me for it. He may even leave. It will become a problem eventually, not now. For now, I feel happy and that's a blessing in itself.

      I killed that witch of yours, Marianne. You're getting good, though not good enough. You should try for someone closer to me, Kelsie perhaps...or Cătălina. Now there you might have me fooled.

      The hoodie isn't a good look for you, although it did take me a while to work out whom you were. It was calling my 'Lizzie' that really cemented my idea, but then it was supposed to, wasn't it? And the 'Visionaries', seriously, how cliché do you want to get?  Oh well, it takes a lot of time to learn to be as artful as I.

      I went to my first prom; it wasn't the main prom but it was still more than our bet allowed. I wore this lovely cream and black beaded floor length dress and my mother pinned back my hair until I felt perfect. I couldn't get Essie to wear one of mine so we improvised with a dark blue dress with a silver diamond and crystal overlay I bought as a birthday present for her. Even Reid and Tom put some effort in, Reid in an expensive black suit his father gifted him and Tom throwing something mismatched but endearingly cute together.

      Reid's injuries aren't fully healed and they look harsh against his perfect features, I've decided the scar suits him, and dancing under fairy lights in the transformed school gym to soppy, modern pop songs made me only see him as perfect, to me he always will be.

      I know you want what I have, Sorinah, I'd tell you to stop but I know it won't work. On your part, it's a useless battle; the Council will always win and always conquer, we will never forget and we will never forgive. Save your followers and tell them to leave your ridiculous organisation or we will come down and we will come down in a way you couldn't ever imagine .

      With all my love and affection, Myra