Chapter Fourteen - P2

Striding out of the old section purposefully, I made my way back to the kitchens, as soon as I entered all the work ceased. It was clear my arrival had been noticed. A tense silence grew and to add to their fears, I casually walked around the room as if it was some sort of impromptu inspection.

I spoke purposefully slowly, "Where would I find Lucas Daven, Kelsie Cruize, Reid Ryden, Oliver Colton and Esmeralda and Thomas St. John?" My tone was anything but angry and that was what made me so frightening.

It seemed as if no one was going to speak, but one genius decided my wrath over this would be better and with a small voice spoke, "The dining room ma'am."

Barefoot, muddy and soaked to the bone with considerably longer wet hair, I looked a little more than deranged as I slammed my way through every closed door, I don't ever appreciate being thrown fifty feet down a tower.

"Come on, Oliver," I shouted. "It's only me, the girl you threw down a bloody tower you backstabbing arsehole!" I knew he would hear me, vampires hearing is both a blessing and a curse, mainly the latter.

Throwing open the heavy dark oak doors that marked the entrance to the main dining room I saw them all sat around the top of it where the dark velvet chairs were located and Oliver, to my anger, had taken the head. As soon as he saw me he stood up and held up his hands in surrender.

"Myra! Let's talk this through, dear cousin. My motives were all in favour of you," he scuttled over his words, the arrogant Lord was not so sure of himself and for once, that fact made me very, very happy.

I took in an amused breath, "Oliver, I don't care what your misguided motives were. You threw me down a tower!" I felt my anger boiling. "And you five are no better! You were all having a cosy chat in my dining room while I lay with a snapped neck in two feet of water!" The irony was startling and I noticed Reid's relaxed posture. "What about you Reid? We're supposed to have a bond, you're supposed to there for me. Kelsie, you're my fledging! And the rest of you, I...I thought we were friends. Friends are loyal!" My chest ached and I wanted to burst into tears, but I refused, they didn't have the right to see me like that more than once in a lifetime.

"Oliver didn't...he had good reasons for what he did." Essie appeared in front of me and tried to take my hand, I stepped back.

"You're all liars; all anyone ever does is lie!" As I spoke the realization came over me, a familiar panic setting in, I need to get Nat and Reagan from Mors and then disappear.

Tom glare hit me hard, "You impersonated a human! How are you not a liar as well?"

"I'm Myra Hillington! I can do what I want, I'm over a thousand years old! You are nothing compared to me!"

"You're an immature child! A little girl turned into a monster and that monster never grew up, it never learned!" The usually calm and composed Tom almost shouted at me, I looked to someone for support, they all looked away.

I looked down at the stone smooth stone floor. "If that is what you believe." I turned and exited the room. The dining room led off from the ballroom and I stood under the ornate renaissance gold and diamond chandelier. Was what Tom said true? I always thought that I was more mature than my physical age, certainly not immature, but Tom was so perceptive. Maybe he was right; maybe I was just blind to my faults.

I walked to the second-floor library; it was smaller and less grand than the other libraries but also a personal favourite. With the low glow of ambient lighting and soft worn leather chairs it always had a small hum of activity without being too clustered or in the opposite sense, never felt ghostly. I also knew Clarence kept his rarely used phone in a desk drawer near the back.