Trusting the Greenish-Brown Eyed Boy

We get to the room. The door is gray and there is a circular metal plate on it with a rose; our symbol. Jason twists the doorknob and opens the door. The room is huge.

         It has a high ceiling; with tall walls to go with it. The walls are a pure white but the ceiling is turquoise. The floors are carpeted with fluffy black yarn. There are also two beds. Both have extravagant white and turquoise bedding comforters. The room has a full kitchen and on the counter was a plate of cookies. I finally say “This is amazing.”

         They all agree. I walk and jump on one of the beds. I decide to just lay there. They all grab a cookie and sit on the floor. They all seem so easily pleased. “Now that you have chosen your 4 people, which I help you have chosen well. You will be living with these people. You will also be completing the 3rd test with them. Dinner will be served in the hall in one hour.”

         I sit up. We all laugh. We are pretty good friends now. “I guess now would be too late to be left with an ax murderer.” We all laugh. “We should all get to know each other better” Jason obliviously says.

         I come off the bed and sit on the ground with them. “Janey you start” I say. “Okay well… I’m Janey Cattlemen. Obviously. My favorite color is orange. I have light brown eyes and caramel colored hair. My mother died when I was 9 and I have basically been alone since then. My dad works with the mayor. I have been friends with Myra as long as I could ever remember. That’s pretty much it.”

        She smiles warmly and we all do too. “I’m Jason Mellows. My favorite color is green. My hair is dark brown and my eyes are greenish-brown. Hazel I suppose. My parents both died and my aunt Carrie watches me now. I would love to be friends with Siena. I am already friends with Janey and Bryce. I am not an ax murderer.” I laugh.

         “I’m Siena Woodridge. My favorite color Is green. I have dark brown hair and hazelnut brown eyes. My father was killed when I was 11. My mom is around but doesn’t understand me… and we have almost no relationship. I am friends with Janey and Bryce. I would also love to be friends with the NOT ax murderer Jason.”

         Jason laughs and gives me the cutest smile I’ve ever seen. Even Masons can’t compete.

         “Consider us new friends Siena”. “I’m Bryce Anders. My favorite color is red. I have brown hair and brown eyes.” My eyes close. I see Mason with wings. He is with somebody else who doesn’t have wings. My eyes open. The vision is over.

         They are all staring and observing. The same way the tall man was. “Visions” asks Jason. “Yeah I get them all the time.” “You’re rare. Only 1 in every 10,000 angels has visions.” “I thought…I thought everybody got them.” I honestly did. “Dreams yes but visions…no.” “My parents are both alive and well. I am friends with all of you.” We laugh.

         He really liked to talk about himself. “Everybody report to the hall for dinner.” They all get up and walk out. I stay seated. I have no idea why. Jason comes and sits in front of me. “You’re worried they will find out?”

         “I’m worried that they could find out my best friend is mortal.” “Me too; Siena lets go through this together ok?” “I heard you say I was hot.”

         “Non- ax murderers don’t lie Siena.”

         He takes my hand. I hold his. We walk out of the room holding hands. “Nobody knows about us.” We aren’t a couple. “Siena you know me already”.  As we get to the front of the hall we look at each other. I really like him already.

         He does the smile again. “Jason if there is going to be an… us you got to stop that.” “You know you love it.” “That’s true.” He lets go of my hand and we walk through the hall doors. How can I feel this way already? I can’t let the thought of a handsome greenish-brown eyed Jason get in my way. Wait why do I trust him?

         Sure he is in my vision but he could. Then I know…I must trust this greenish- brown eyed boy.