s o n g | t w e n t y t h r e e

Hyungwon

It was a little bit ironic. I couldn't help but laugh as I stepped out of my door and ran towards my beloved little red car.

The sun shined the whole week through and out of all the days of the year, the clouds decided this one was the best to piss out everything they kept inside.

I loved it.

I loved the feeling of the warm summer rain soaking into my clothes, cooling down my temperature in seconds. I loved how it smelled and how it sounded when I stepped on the wet ground.

Summer rain was my favorite kind of weather.

I breathed in and out a few times, letting the more than fresh air clean my lungs from all the dirt I thought would be in there. My fingers searched for the car door handle and I pulled it open so I could climb inside.

Today would be such a freaking nice day.

yours_sincerely,hoseok
I'll be there at 5 pm korean time zone

I bit my lip to hide a wide smile as I read the message again. It's been three weeks, three long weeks since we've seen each other. And even though I never said it out loud, I missed him so much.

I missed his dumb but freaking cute laugh, I missed his voice, I missed how his hair felt between my fingers when I got him in the headlock... I missed how we joked around with each other, trying to figure out who brought the dumbest jokes.

I pressed my lips together as I lifted my eyes from the screen of my mobile phone just to switch to the big display on the wall in front of me.
„He's here...", I mumbled and bit my lip again as I read the word „arrived". My cheeks lifted and I pressed my mobile phone against my chest, eyes fixed onto the gate in front of me.

Hoseok was only a few meters away. I felt my heart go wild in my chest, beating like an idiot against it from the inside.

„He's here.", I mumbled again and couldn't hide the big smile anymore as I saw a muscular guy with blond hair walking out of the gate right towards me.

He lifted his head and looked around like he would search for someone.
It took him a good minute until he found me, locking his eyes with mine.

I could clearly see how his eyes got smaller as his lips curled up in a wide grin. He mouthed something which probably meant something like „Found you" and fasted up his steps.

"You came.", he smiled as soon as he reached me.

"I said I would, didn't I?", I grinned back and patted his shoulder twice, before I turned around and walked towards the parking places.

I closed my eyes for a second and took in a deep breath.

Control yourself, Hyungwon.

"So that's it?", his deep voice asked behind me.

"Huh?"

"That's it? For real? I told you I'm jealous and everything and all you do to welcome me is patting my fucking shoulder?"

I turned back around, a little bit confused as I saw how his eyes got darker. He looked hurt.
"Gosh, Hoseok, keep your voice down.", I quickly mumbled and grabbed his hand to pull him with me. "Let's talk in the car."

"I don't want to talk in the car.", he stated, reminding me of a little child. "I want you to hug me."

"Wh-what?!"

"You heard me damn right, Chae. I want you to hug me, greet me properly, we haven't seen each other for 3 weeks!"

I stared at him with big eyes, totally unsure if he was making fun of me or if he really meant it.

"We're Bro's. We don't hug each other."

"That's bullshit, you know that.", he sighed. "Would it really hurt you to do it just this one time?"

My lips formed something supposed to be an answer, but I couldn't speak. So I just bit my lip and stared at the floor instead.

"If it would be Kohyun you would have hugged him, wouldn't you."

"His name is Kihyun."

"I don't care about his fucking name! I care about what's happening between us!"

I could feel how his hand squeezed mine a little harder, veins are slowly getting visible on his forearm.

"How can it be that we start to fight again... you're not even back here for 10 minutes.", I mumbled.

Hoseok bit his bottom lip as he pulled his hand away, grabbed his luggage and walked towards the big glass doors of the airport.

"Where did you park your car?", he asked, without looking at me.

"Third parking level.", I answered and followed him, eyes focused on the ground.

How could this happen again? As if it wasn't enough that we had several fights via Chat, now we had to continue in real life as well... because of something stupid like a hug?!

My hands wandered into my pockets while I nervously chewed the inside of my cheek.

Just do it, Hyungwon. He's your best friend, it's okay to hug your best friend.

Hoseok walked fast, mumbling that he would use the stairs, he left me in front of the elevator and started to take two steps at once, easily carrying his luggage with him.

"Fuck!", I growled as soon as he couldn't see me anymore and lightly punched the wall. "Fuck, Hyungwon, be an adult for once please!", I scolded myself, before I heard the elevator ding and needed to make space for the people stepping out.

Welcome to the part where I mix chat with... what us this called... normal writing? 🙃