s o n g | t w e n t y s e v e n

Hoseok 

I took a sip of my whiskey sour while I observed every move on his face as he opened my present. 

To be honest, it wasn't his reaction to the present itself I was nervous about - it was the postcard I put in as well. 
At first I wanted to write him a letter, tell him what he meant to me and how he helped me becoming the man I am today, but I knew him. 

I knew him and he probably wouldn't read more than the first three sentences until he evaluated it as way too gay to be read any further. So I at least took a postcard and wrote some kind words on it. 

And damn I was bad at writing postcards. And I was even more bad in writing about the person I loved without making it obvious... 

Hyungwon took out the envelope, glancing at me for a split second before he opened it, letting his eyes wander above the few words on the card.

I still remembered them, quietly moving my lips as I formed the words without giving them voice. 

"Dear Hyungwon, 
I wish you all the best to your 21 birthday. 
I know you don't like things like this, so I try to keep it short. 
You're amazing, Hyungwon. And I'm damn proud to call you my best friend. 
Yours sincerely, Hoseok." 

Without saying a word he put the card back into the envelope. 

"Thanks.", was all he said after he put down the little bag and turned towards his next present. 

... that was it? That was all I'm getting, a short thanks without even looking at me, is he freaking serious?! 

I bit my bottom lip and closed my eyes for a second. Of fucking course. Why was I even this stupid thinking he might could have changed a bit. Hoping he would show an positive emotion. 

My heart raced and I wasn't sure if it was because it fucking hurt or because I got angry that he didn't even look at me or at least passed me a smile. 

I opened my eyes again, seeing him being all bubbly and happy with the others, patting their shoulders or giving them a handshake while thanking them for the great ideas they had. 

The bag I bought him, the watch he always wanted and my postcard inside, stood on the small table next to a burning candle. Alone. Because his other presents were put on the 'present table' at the other end of the room. 

My throat burned, making it almost impossible for me to gulp my upcoming tears down. 

"Hoseok.", I suddenly heard from behind me. I knew this voice what made me groan inside. 

But nevertheless, I turned around. 

"Here.", Kihyun said and handed me a big glass full with something red. 

"It's your apartment. Not the best place to kill me, you will be their prime suspect.", I huffed but  took it and turned the red liquid in my hand. 

"Don't be stupid. It's just red wine." 

"How come you know I like wine?" 

"I don't. But you look like shit. And wine helps.", he chuckled softly what showed off the little dimples right under his eyes. 

I glanced at him for a while until I decided he was right and drank the whole glass in one go. 

Kihyuns eyes became big. "Woah, calm down. You don't have to impress me, you know...?" 

"Shut up.", I hissed and gave him my empty wine glass. "More."

Somehow I overdid it. 

It was all too much to handle. It would have been for everyone. 
Hyungwon stepped on my feelings and he probably didn't even realize. Even if I wouldn't be in love with him, it would have hurt. 

Kihyun took my hand, simply wrapping his pretty feminine fingers around my wrist as he carefully pulled me away. 

Away from all the people. Away from all the alcohol. Away from Hyungwon. 

"Close your eyes.", he whispered while he pushed me through the big door which lead to his room. 

"Don't tell me what to do.", I growled, keeping my voice as low as he did. 

"I can make you forget, Hoseok. Even if it's just for a moment. So close your eyes and shut the fuck up." 

-

"I know you're late.", Hyungwon huffed as he stood next to his apartment door which was already pulled open.

I chuckled while I slipped into my shoes. "Don't worry. It's just Jooheon. He'll cry a bit and after two days he already forgot about everything." 

"That's true.", he grinned. "He's really something special." 

I tied the laces of my second shoe and stood up completely, grinning at my best friend as well.

"So... we'll see us around I guess?", my fingers searched for the door handle so that I could close the door behind me. 

"Return it tonight.", he simply said as he stretched out his hand to grab mine. "I'll kill you if not.", he quickly added and left me standing in the door. I let my eyes wander towards the cold thing he just placed into my palm. 

His car keys. 

"Gosh you're unbelievable.", I chuckled before I turned around and closed the door behind me. 

I would return the keys. Of fucking course I would. 

Hi. It's been a while. Sorry, I was a mess. But now I'm better. 
Tbh I missed writing & I missed you guys. 
And since this book is getting more love than I was expecting, I'll continue. 
You really motivate me. :) 

I can't tell you how much I love reading your comments and seeing your votes on my stories. 
I hope I won't disappoint you. 
l o t s  o f  l o v e 💕💕