s o n g | t w e n t y f i v e

It was warm when I entered the kitchen. Felt like the heater was put on the highest, but I didn't complain. I liked to feel warm. 

To my surprise Kihyun stood in front of the stove and slowly stirred something in a small pot. It smelled nice. 

"He looks like shit.", Kihyun murmured and turned towards one of the cupboards. "I thought he would like to have something sweet." He pulled out a big mug and I couldn't help but smile as I saw it was his favorite. The biggest one he owned and normally he wouldn't give it away. 

"Can you pass me the glass on the windowsill?", he asked and pointed his head towards it as he grabbed the pot and started to pour the light brown liquid into the mug. 

I turned around and saw a glass with small marshmallows in it. It wasn't there before. 

I silently took it and passed it to him. "You know he wouldn't drink it if he knew you did it." 

"I know.", he smiled, but it looked fake and kinda sad. 

"Kihyun.", I sighed. 

"Hm?" 

"Why are you doing this? You two hate each other." 

A low chuckle escaped his throat. "I don't hate him.", he shook his head while he started to decorate the mug with the marshmallows. "I never did." 

I furrowed my eyebrows and leaned my butt against the table standing in the middle of the room. 

"But you don't really act like you wouldn't.", I answered, voice letting it sound more like a question than a statement. 

My roommate turned around, lifted his left eyebrow, than looked at the mug in front of him before he turned around to me again. "Really?", he huffed and smirked right after that. 

"I have to confess", he sighed and observed his work before he decided there was some cacao powder missing on top of it.  "I'm teasing him. A lot. Maybe that brought him to hate me." He shrugged and carefully strew the powder on top of the marshmallows. "But he wakes my motherly instinct just like everybody else." 

"He doesn't even remember your name, Ki.", I mumbled, not wanting to hurt my roommate but also not wanting him to get disappointed. 

He chuckled again. 

"You think it's funny?" He continued chuckling but bit his lip now. "He calls you Kohyun..." 

To my surprise his chuckle turned into a loud laugh. I was more than confused but decided to shrug it off and walked towards him. 

"I'll bring it to him. He'll love it.", I quietly said and took the warm mug between my palms. 

"Of course he will.", Kihyun mumbled. "You know, Hyungwon... Hoseok is one of those guys you look at and you exactly know what bothers him. He can't hide it.", he said and smiled at me softly. 

It was rare to see my roommate like that and it confused me even more. 

Before I could answer, he turned around and started to wash up. So I only thanked him quickly and left the kitchen, making my way back to my room. 

To be honest, it annoyed me. Everybody seemed to know why he's upset, besides me. 
Besides the one he called best friend. "This sucks.", I whispered to myself before I opened my door.