Scrambled eggs

'Wake up, Saori!' Someone was calling my name.

I whimpered and tried to turn to my side but I couldn't. I realized, someone was holding my hand. So it wasn't a dream. He is there. In my bed. Nobunaga. THE Oda Nobunaga.

'Finally!' He murmured, still not letting go of my hand.

'What time is it?' I checked my phone. It was 5 o'clock in the morning. 'It's too early. Go back to sleep.'

'No. Stop lying around!'

'Nooo.' I grumbled. 'Why did you wake me up?'

'I am bored.' He said nonchalantly.

'Okay, okay. I'll get up.' I sat up and stretched my limbs. 'Oh god, my arm!'

I went to the bathroom and when I returned, Nobunaga was standing at the balcony door. 'Is this... Kyoto?'

I pushed the door open and led him out. 'It has grown a bit since your time, right?'

The neighborhood was just waking up. The birds were chirping, a guy was cycling to work, the lady from the flower shop was putting out the vases full of fresh flowers. The mouthwatering smell of fresh pastry from the nearby bakery was floating in the air.

'Incredible.' Nobunaga leaned on the railing and looked around with a subtle smile on his lips.

I watched him as the morning breeze ruffled his hair and I envied the wind. He looked so dignified and majestic.

'Why are you staring at me?'

He caught me.

'Me? What?' I stuttered. 'Ahem... Are you hungry? You haven't eaten since you arrived.'

I excused myself and disappeared in the bathroom. I got so embarrassed, my face turned beet red up to the tips of my ears. I hastily dressed up and went to the bakery.

The bread was still warm when I got back home. Nobunaga welcomed me with a huge grin. Well hello there, Lord Heartthrob!

'Are you sure you are not a princess? Because that throne is fit for an emperor. Extraordinary!'

'Let me guess! Your noble buns experienced some luxury?' I chuckled.

'What in the world are you talking about?' He shot me a slightly despising look. 'I was talking about the warm seat. That little fountain thing was unexpected though.'

'Whatever.' I pursed my lips to hold back a giggle. 'Do you like scrambled eggs?'

'I don't know what that is.'

'Then scrambled eggs it is.' I nodded and began to prepare for the cooking.

I put the pan on the burner and when it was hot, I put the bacon in. It started to sizzle immediately. Soon, the pleasant smell filled the apartment, drawing Nobunaga to the kitchen. He was peeking from behind my shoulder. I cracked the eggs in a bowl and whisked them. He watched my moves in silence.

I toasted two slices of sour dough bread and scooped the creamy scrambled eggs on them. I served it with chopped chives and crispy bacon. And for the final touch I ground salt and pepper on it. 'Breakfast is ready.'

I put the plate before Nobunaga and sat down across the table. 'Now, eat up!'

He looked a little confused. I think he is not used to eating with his hands. I picked up a slice of bread and took a bite. He watched me carefully then copied me.

'You are a good cook.' He said between bites.

'This was literally zero effort but I'm glad you like it.' I got timid by his compliment.