Candy hearts

'I've got huuuuge news, love.'

I burst through the door but I wasn't prepared for what came next. A beautiful, platinum blonde woman was clinging on my man and he was smiling at her flirtatiously.

'Saori? What is it?' Nobunaga looked at me like everything was perfectly normal.

'I...Ehm... I'm sorry, I just...' My face flared up and I ran off. 'Gotta go. Bye.'

'This can't be happening to me again...' I felt sick in my stomach.

I sat on a bench trying to convince myself that it wasn't what it looked like. I didn't know whether it was from the freezing January cold or the numbing fear but I was shivering uncontrollably.

'There has to be a logical explanation. He would never...' I muttered to myself, struggling with my tears. I couldn't even bring myself to say it out loud.

When I was completely frozen, I decided to go home. I was scared. My heart wouldn't take it if he...

'I-I'm home.'

'There you are. Let's eat! I'm starving.' Nobunaga strode up to me, hugged me and kissed me on my forehead. 'Your face is frozen.'

Before I could say anything, he ushered me to the table and pushed me down on a chair.

'So what's the big news?' He asked curiously and shoved some food in his mouth.

I stared at him.

'Oh, yeah the news. Right. My publisher rescheduled the promo tour and extended it by three weeks. The first event will be in Melbourne, Australia and I'll go overseas too. So I'm leaving tomorrow.'

Nobunaga's eyebrows pinched and his expression turned grave. He continued eating his dinner without a word. He kept acting like nothing had happened and it pissed me off.

'I'm sorry, are we just going to ignore the fact that I caught you with a blonde woman in our living room?'

'I'm going to pretend now that I didn't hear that.' He replied curtly.

'Is that so?'

'I'm not going to engage in idle explaining.' He said nonchalantly and kept picking at his food.

'Do you even care how I felt when I saw you with that woman in your arms?' I snapped.

'Did you care about asking for my permission before saying yes to that promo tour?' He said arrogantly.

My eyebrows ran up on my forehead. 'Why would I ask for your permission?'

'Because you belong to me.' He looked at me like I was merely one of his assets.

'That doesn't mean you have control over me.' I snorted.

'Yes, it does.'

'What is your problem? I am the one who should be mad.' I lost my cool and raised my voice.

'You just blurt it out that you are going away god knows where tomorrow and you expect me to be happy about it?' He raised his voice too.

'This is part of my job and I want to do this. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I'm not gonna blow it because of your stupid insecurities.'

'Your pointless so called job has become more important to you than everything else.' He kept his eyes fixed on me. His expression was unreadable.

'Excuse me?!' I gasped. I can't believe he really said that!

'We agreed on one week and only in Japan. I'm not allowing you to go away for longer than that.'

'You don't own me.'