Breaking and entering

Life was back to normal. One evening I was working and Nobunaga was sitting in the armchair with his arms crossed, frowning and sighing theatrically.

'What's wrong?' I glanced up from my laptop.

'Nothing?' He huffed.

'Okay.' I chuckled and looked back at the screen again. I knew he was grumpy because I wasn't paying attention to him.

'Are you done? I wish to be amused by you.'

'I'm all yours. Do you have anything in mind?' I closed my laptop.

'Make me tea!'

'Tea? How would that be amusing?' I trailed off because I got an idea.

I went to the kitchen and dug up my ceremonial tea set that my parents had given me ages ago.

'Hm... Chinese porcelain...' He examined the cup closely. 'High quality matcha as well... You are not half as brusque as I thought.'

'Thank you!' I nodded. 'Wait, what?'

'Sit!' He took out his folding fan and gestured gracefully.

I sat down with crossed legs, lounging back.

'You are not a peasant. Sit up straight!' Nobunaga slapped my knee with his fan.

'Hey!' I complained but tucked my feet underneath me and straightened my back.

I opened my mouth to retort but he reached out and touched the fan to my lips.

'Keep those pretty lips sealed and get to work!' He said curtly.

I recalled the steps of a traditional tea ceremony in my mind, took a deep breath and began to prepare the tea. I tried to look as confident as possible. He watched, silently judging me. I stopped whisking the tea for a second because I thought I missed a step.

'You are doing well. Keep going!' He nodded.

His reassuring words gave me confidence to follow through. I handed him the cup and he bowed formally before taking it. He took a sip. So? How is it? Good? Bad? Or even worse? I couldn't read his expression and it made me even more nervous. I balled my hands into fists and waited for his verdict.

'You did good.' He nodded and took another sip.

I was relieved. He remained quiet until he finished the tea. He put down the cup and looked me in the eye.

'There is something quaint about the way you move. Something that is barely visible to the naked eye. Something you are born with... A certain ethereal grace. You don't even know your true potentials.'

I was flattered by his compliment. Where did that come from?

'You would make a suitable accessory by my side.' His eyes were fixed on me. 'However, it would take tremendous effort and the best teachers to make a proper princess out of you.'

'First, you are mean. Second, I'm not your property.' I resented.

'Then I shall make you mine.'

'Hah, you can try.' I snorted.

His lips curved into an amused grin. Uh-oh...

'I shouldn't have said that...'

He pounced and took me down. 'No one is allowed to ridicule me. You are no exception.'

'If you resist, I will crumble you...' He took my wrist and bit my fingers one by one, touching them with his tongue too. 'Bit by bit...'

'I will torment you...' He turned over my hand and breathed feather light kisses on the back of my hand. Then moved on, pecking at my wrist along my vein.