Chapter One: Autumn Leaves

It was a chilly morning in the little town of Derry, Maine. It was often foggy in the mornings but today was different. Richie Tozier woke up to the sound of his annoying alarm clock. "Ugh shut the hell up!" He groaned. He sat up and rubbed his eyes looking around his still dark room.

Richie shuffled out of bed and half heartedly made his bed. He stretched his long gray comforter over his white bed sheets. He fluffed his white pillows and threw them at the head of his bed lazily. He stretched earning a satisfying pop from his back.

Today marked the beginning of fall break for Tozier. He walked into the bathroom and caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror. His eyes had dark bags underneath them. Richie hadn't been sleeping well. Ever since the Losers went to fight the clown.

Richie often had nightmares but he kept those to himself. He was never really one to open up about his emotions. However sometimes he did. He told everything to Eddie... well except for one thing. Richie had this secret that burned him to the core but as bad as the boy wanted to tell Eddie, he just couldn't.

The boy took a deep breath and sat there. He stared at himself in the mirror. Richie could never tell his secret. Not to anyone and especially not to Eddie. He sat in deep thought for a few more minutes before he finally got dressed. He was excited for today because the Losers were going to go Halloween costume shopping together. Just then he heard a knock at the front door....