Chapter Five: Sleep Over PT. 2

In Richie's opinion Pet Semetary wasn't that scary. He sat and munched on gummy worms the entire time trying to not fall asleep again. The movie credits began and Bill stood up to turn the TV off.

  "W-well? W-what should w-we do now?" Bill asked.
  "I'm feeling pretty tired," Mike said.
  "Honestly me too, it's been a very long day," Bev said.
  "Okay cool I'll run upstairs and grab some blankets for you guys," Richie said with a smile.

  Richie started up the stairs when he heard soft foot steps behind him. He turned around to see Eddie.

  "What's up Eds?" Richie asked.
  "I thought I'd help you gather pillows and stuff," Eddie smiled.
  "Thanks! Also you should sleep in my room tonight," Richie said with a soft smile.

  Eddie nodded and helped Richie get all the pillows and blankets. They ran back downstairs to give them to everyone. After that Richie and Eddie went back upstairs to Richie's room. Eddie began shifting stuff around on the side of the bed he claimed was his. Richie couldn't help but smile.

  Eventually the boys got settled in and Richie turned the lights out. He rolled over to look at Eddie only to realize Eddie was already looking at him. They sat in a comfortable silence just staring at eachother. Then Eddie broke the silence.

  "How have you been sleeping lately?" Eddie asked softly.
  "Better," Richie lied.

  Eddie knew Richie was lying but he didn't want to push the boy.

  "Hey I got you something," Richie smiled.
  "Oh really?" Eddie said excited and nervously.

  Richie reached down to his dresser by his bed and opened the drawer. He pulled out the box of Oatmeal Creme Pies. Eddie yanked them out of Richie's hand and tore into the box making Richie laugh. Eddie offered a cookie to Richie and they sat and at the whole box.

  "Wow I really don't feel good now," Eddie giggled.
  "Me too," Richie said.

  Eddie rolled over facing away from Richie and closed his eyes. It wasn't long until he felt the bed shift and then an arm drape over him. At first Eddie was taken aback. He thought maybe Richie had already fallen asleep. However he knew that wasn't the case when Richie snuggled into him more.

  Eddie sat there frozen. He couldn't tell if Richie was being serious or if this was one of his stupid jokes. Eddie rolled over and his gaze met Richie's. Richie immediately jerked his arm away. Eddie then got the courage to snuggle into Richie. Richie draped his arm back over Eddie and took in his scent. Richie smiled and drifted off to sleep and he didn't have any nightmares.