Chapter Seven: Fall Breeze

To Eddie the bike ride home felt like an eternity. He wished he could be with Richie all day. Eddie thought about what had happened last night. He began to ponder about this new feeling he had. It was kind of like how he felt when he saw a pretty girl. But he felt that way towards Richie too.

  Eddie walked up to his front door after putting his bike away. He walked in to see his mother fast asleep on the couch. Eddie quietly snuck up the stairs to his room. He layed on his bed and was consumed by his thoughts. He began thinking about Richie. He thought about how Richie's silk black hair layed on his forehead, and he thought about how Richie's eyes were a beautiful mix of brown and orange. Richie always looked so full of life.

  Eventually Eddie drifted off to sleep. He smiled as he dreamed about the beautiful boy. He loved Richie. However Eddie was confused on how Richie felt back because of the mixed signals he got from their sleep over. Even during the movie he would glance up over to Richie only to make eye contact for a split second before they both looked away. At this point Eddie couldn't tell what was going on. Did Richie like him the same way he liked him?

-

  Richie finally finished cleaning up the rest of the dishes. He ran upstairs and layed back down in his bed. He stared at his ceiling for a long while. Eddie just seemed fine with them cuddling. That's not a normal thing for two guy best friends to do right? Richie started to feel like maybe there was a little bit of hope that Eddie would like him back but he still wasn't sure.

  Richie's parents weren't going to be home until around 10:00 pm. This meant Richie had a lot of time to kill due to it only being 3:15 pm. So Richie decided to call the Losers and meet up for a fun swim at the quarry. That was the group's absolute favorite hangout spot. With that Richie found the little note that had everyone's number and he began calling them one by one.

  All of the Losers decided to meet up at about 4:30 pm. Richie was excited to say the least. He was a little nervous though because he'd been thinking about comforting Eddie and asking him how he felt. Richie decided it would be best to leave it alone though. He didn't want to ruin whatever they had going on.

  Richie searched through his drawers for a pair of swim trunks and put them in his backpack. He packed a couple of snacks and got ready to head to the quarry. The quarry wasn't very far from Richie's house so he decided to take a little power nap. He'd started sleeping better after the night with Eddie. Eddie made Richie feel safe like nothing could ever get to him. He surely thanked Eddie for that.