Chapter Ten: Halloween Night

It had felt like an eternity but at last it was 7:00 pm. Eddie and Stan went to put their costumes on. Eddie came out in his Ray Stantz costume. Stan came out dressed in a zombie outfit.

"Wow that's basic," Eddie teased.
"Hey! Shut the hell up! You are literally a Ghostbuster!" Stan smarted off back.

The boys laughed as they began to head out the door. On the walk to Bill's neighborhood Stan could tell Eddie was nervous.

"Relax man!" Stan blurted.

Eddie sighed.

"I can't dude. When im around Richie I feel like the world is spinning at a million miles an hour," Eddie said.

Stan didn't speak after that due to a lack of words. He didn't really know how to help Eddie. Stanley had never even had a girlfriend. So how was he gonna help? Eddie was still dragging along beside Stan. Eddie's face had started turning pink with embarassment.

"Im sure everything will be just fine," Stan said.

That seemed to calm Eddie down. Before either of them knew it they stood before Bill's house. Eddie took a deep breathe and followed Stan up the front steps. They didn't even need to knock because the door was already open. The two boys peaked inside.

  The house seemed vacant. Not a single thing moving about. The boys tip-toed inside. Darkness consumed them. Then the door shut with a loud BANG! Both of the boys screamed. Stan just about shit himself. Then the lights flickered on.

"Haha! Got you!" Bev said dieing of laughter.

"Screw you, Bev!" Stan shouted.

Eddie couldn't help but laugh at Stan. He looked like he'd just seen a ghost. Eddie laughed even harder when Stanley pushed him telling him to stop laughing. They all stood and talked and eventually all the other slowpoke Losers showed up.

"You assholes ready?" Richie said storming into Bill's house.

They all got their bags ready and did some last minute costume touch ups before heading out for the night of terror and fun. They walked out of Bill's house and took a right. Eddie and Richie lagged behind the group a bit. The two didn't know what to say to eachother. They both were nervous to be in eachothers presence. Finally Richie spoke.

  "How have you been?" Richie asked.

  "Fine I guess, what about you?" Eddie asked.

  "I've been good and my nightmares have stopped," Richie said with a smile.

Eddie was happy to hear that. Richie and Eddie caught up to the rest of the group and hit up a couple of houses. Then after a long while most of the Losers parted ways for the night. Except for Richie and Eddie. They continued trick-or-treating together. However they soon got tired and ended up walking to the Quarry to chill for a bit.

The two finally got to the Quarry after what felt like years. They immediatly dug into their candy and traded eachother the stuff they didn't want. The boys sat in a comfortable silence and munched on their candy. It had become pitch black outside now and it was unbelievebly cold. Eddie was freezing his ass off.

  Eddie then got the courage to snuggle up closer to Richie. To Eddie's surprise Richie lazily draped his arm around Eddie's back. Eddie layed his head on Richie's shoulder and smiled to himself. Then the most unexpected thing happend.

"Hey Eddie, look at me," Richie said nervously.

Eddie sat up looking at Richie confused. That's when it happend. Eddie was in disbelief. It was the sweetest taste Eddie had ever tasted. Richie's lips.