Chapter Nine: Halloween day

Halloween had finally arrived in the small town of Derry. The Losers were all so excited to go out and take candy from strangers. However Richie was definitely the most excited about Halloween. Richie sprung up out of bed and began to get ready for the day. He laid out his costume and sighed in satisfaction.

"Yup! Tonight is going to be fucking awesome," He said out loud to no one in particular.

Richie went down to the kitchen and made himself food. His parents were still fast asleep in the room down the hall from his. Tozier made himself breakfast and played on his Gameboy. He was chomping on his tough pancakes and he was being bombarded by thoughts of Eddie. Tonight Richie wanted to express his feelings towards Eddie. The problem was is how he was going to do so.

-

Eddie groaned and rubbed his eyes. He had slept in pretty late and it was now almost 1 PM. Eddie remembered it was Halloween and smiled to himself. However it was only 12:55 PM, meaning he had a few hours to kill before he could go out in his costume. So Eddie called Stanley.

"Hey Stan, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out before we go trick or treating?" Eddie asked.

"Yeah sure! You can come to my house," Stan said.

Eddie packed up his costume and told his mom goodbye. He rode his bike over to Stan's house and threw his bike in the yard. Stan came outside to greet Eddie and then they went back inside to play video games. Eddie was a little nervous and Stan could tell.

"What's bothering you Ed?" Stan questioned.

Eddie's heart stopped. His mind went blank. "Should I tell him?" Eddie thought.

"Can I tell you something and you promise you won't laugh?" Eddie asked getting flustered.

"Yeah sure! What's wrong?" Stan asked.

"I like someone a lot and I don't know if they like me back. I am to nervous to ask them out." Eddie said squirming in his seat.

"Oh? Who is she?" Stan teased.

The way that Eddie was acting made Stanley confused. He'd never seen Eddie act all shy and nervous unless he was with Richie. Then it all clicked.

"Richie?" Stan blurted out.

All color drained from Eddie's face. He looked like he had just witnessed a murder. Eddie sat there staring blankly at Stan.

"So is that a yes?" Stan asked.

Eddie just shook his head yes. Then out of no where Eddie burst out into tears. This broke Stan's heart because he wasn't quite sure why Eddie felt hurt. Stan wanted to know what was wrong but he was patient and gentle with Eddie. Eventually Eddie spilled his guts to Stan and told him all about what happened at the sleepover and the Quarry.

Stan didn't really know what to think. He wanted to help Eddie but he didn't really know how. But Stan was going to try anyways because he is a good friend.

"How about tonight I can talk to Richie in private and see if I can get him so say anything?" Stan thought out loud.

Eddie seemed to like that idea. Stan could tell Eddie was nervous and in all honestly Stan was nervous too. He really hoped it would all work out for Eddie. If Eddie and Richie weren't friends anymore then it would tear apart the Losers and everyone would pick sides. Stan reassured Eddie that everything would be ok. They continued to play video games and they waited for the time to pass.