Chapter 1: We need to settle this

■ ■ ■ ■

"And why would I agree to this?" Sakura bites her inner bottom lip discreetly, her brows furrowed at his absurd request and half-hoping she had heard him wrong.

The raven eyes her for a moment or two before he took a step closer, shoving both his hands in the pockets of his trousers and leans over to her ear; Sakura for a moment thought he would violate her space and kiss her, but she remained steady despite her basic instinct to back off a little.

The last thing she wanted was for him to think she was intimidated.

He was close, but still far and careful enough. He opened his mouth a little and spoke with his low baritone voice, almost a whisper that smelled strongly of mint, "Ms. Haruno." He breathes out with a hint of exhaustion, "I take my business very seriously. If I'm giving your father's freedom from his lifetime oath, you would owe me a lifetime in exchange." She felt his breath a little too close to her ear extending down the bare skin of her neck with the faint vibration of his voice, sending some unfamiliar shivers down her spine. She'd like to ignore the fact that she could strongly smell him up close, a mix of musk and somewhat of a sensual woody scent that seems so forcibly attractive to her senses. She... had never been this close with a man before.

"So you want me to pretend to be your wife?" She mustered the strength to say, setting her scattered emotions and distractions aside to keep her composure and her feet steady on the ground.

"Do I look like I play pretend?" He raises his brow as he pulled away from her slowly, both his hands still in his pockets. Despite how cocky his question sounded, there was not a single hint of humor in his eyes, not a sight of a grin to make it appear like he was only joking.

"You'll be my wife for real." He continued.

■ ■ ■ ■

[Tags]
Modern SasuSaku AU
Loveless Marriage/Marriage for convenience
Contains heavy smut 🔞
Explicit sexual and language content 🔞
Domestic fluff
Office/Café Owner AU
Slowburn/Build-up
Pregnancy/Baby-making
Slightly Social Media AU
Established relationship/Post-chase

[Tags]Modern SasuSaku AULoveless Marriage/Marriage for convenienceContains heavy smut 🔞Explicit sexual and language content 🔞Domestic fluffOffice/Café Owner AUSlowburn/Build-upPregnancy/Baby-makingSlightly Social Media AUEstablished relationship...

[A/N]:
This fic is an excuse for me to write nsfw lol please watch out for 🔞⚠️ for slight nsfw/nsfw/trigger warnings, and please bare with me since this is my first time doing lots of it. [it's not much but it's honest work meme] anyway......

■ ■ ■ ■

Friday morning.

The alarm goes off at 4:30 AM buzzing at the bedside table, earning a morning grunt from a particular pinkette. Sheepishly, her arms reaches to the sound and immediately turns it off and was quick to sit right up, refusing herself the liberty to take another five minutes. The unpleasant ring echoes in her head still, hating the actual sound of a physical alarm clock, but chose to continue using it because it was more effective than a snooze button on her phone. Despite its unpleasant sound, it was still the sound of another day of productivity, and therefore, money. This was her daily routine, and there was no time for slouching, especially this day.