chapter 8 - Mashup

Day One

Morning - DoReMi

Carter and the Pixies were rehearsing for a performance, singing the song Rotten to the Core.

Kate was dressed in purple, doing a little art with spray painting on the wall, turning around, singing. "They say I'm trouble / They say I'm bad." She pushed past Caleb, Cameron and Connor on the way to the stage, smiling. "They say I'm evil / And that makes me glad."

Claire walked up to the stage, doing a flip to get onto it, landing on her feet. "A dirty no good / Down to the bone / Your worst nightmare / Can't take me home."

Aviva was up on the balcony, walking down it like a catwalk. "So I got some mischief / In my blood / Can you blame me? / I never got no love."

Aviva stepped through a railing on the balcony, jumping down. Cameron, Caleb and Connor caught Aviva as she did, putting her down. Aviva smiled, walking toward the stage.

Carter  jumped down from a ladder up to the balcony above, down to the stage, smiling mischievously. "They think I'm callous / A lowlife hood / I feel so useless."

Carter and the Pixies raised their hands. "Misunderstood!"

Christina walked down the way to the stage. "Mirror mirror on the wall / Who's the baddest of them all?" She jumped onto the stage, flipping back her hair. "Welcome to my wicked world / Wicked world."

Carter, Aviva, Claire, Christina and Kate stood up on the stage, dancing a bit. "I'm rotten to the core, core / Rotten to the core / I'm rotten to the core, core / Who could ask for more? / I'm nothing like the kid next / Like the kid next door / I'm rotten to the... / I'm rotten to the... / I'm rotten to the core."

Carter and the Pixies were all making banging noise to the song, running around the club while doing so. Caleb, Cameron, Connor and Sophia were watching, smirking, impressed.

Aviva made her way back up to the stage, smirking. "Call me a schemer / Call me a freak." She spray painted a C + Pixies on a table on the stage. "How can you say that?" She smirked, shrugging. "I'm just... unique."

Carter jumped over the table up to the stage. "What, me a traitor? / Ain't got your back? / Are we not friends? / What's up with that?"

Christina pushed the curtains of the stage aside in a dramatic fashion. "So I'm a misfit / So I'm a flirt." She picked up a scarf, wrapping it around her neck, smiling. "I broke your heart / I made you hurt."

Claire walked over many tables to the stage. "The past is past / Forgive, forget / The truth is..."

Carter and the Pixies chanted together. "You ain't seen nothing yet!"

Caleb, Cameron, Caleb and Sophia were watching it all with amused looks, impressed.

Kate looked into one of the club's mirrors, looking very self conscious and nervous and worried, but still having fun with the song. "Mirror mirror, on the wall / Who's the baddest of them all?" She turned away from the mirror, putting on a fake smile, running up to the stage. "Welcome to my wicked world / Wicked world."

Once all were on the stage, Carter, Christina, Aviva, Kate and Claire jumped off the stage in a high, dramatic way, landing on their feet, going right into a dance, crouching, with Christina, Aviva, Kate and Claire tilting their heads and clenching their fists closer to their chests. They all leaped up and continued to dance energetically, in a blur of motion, crawling across the ground, jumping up, holding out either arm, tilting back and forth, the girls waving out their hair from side to side, making their way further to the front of the club, kicking the air in front of them.