chapter 10 - Ballads

From 1.08 "Mashup", in DoReMi, Carter and the Pixies all laughed and almost fell, exhausted from all the dancing and singing, but loving.

Monica: (voice over) "Here's what you missed on Worlds Colliding (Glee)."

From 1.07 "Throwdown", in the McKinley auditorium, the Glee Club, Sara, Will and Sue were in the room, while the adults were arguing like crazy.

Caleb stood. "I'm sorry, Mr. Schue, Mrs. S, Coach Sylvester, but if we wanted to hear fighting, those of us who still have two parents would just stay home on payday."

"I agree," Connor agreed. 

Annika and Ashley looked at the Johnson brothers, realizing that that must mean the triplets had to deal with fighting parents all the time, frowning in concern.

Monica: (voice over) "Not really much is known about the Johnson brothers since they mostly keep to themselves, but that's about to change."

From 1.05 "The Rhodes Not Taken", in the choir room, Ricky, Sara and Monica were setting stuff up for the next rehearsal.

Monica sighed. "Ricky, Mrs. Sylvester, I'm sorry. I don't know what I'm gonna do about this whole Rachel thing."

"It's not your fault, Monica," Ricky told her.

"And if you're going to be dating Ricky, I guess you can call me Sara," Sara told her.

Ricky gave her a look. "Mom."

Sara and Monica smiled.

From 1.06 "Vitamin D", in Sara's office, Terri confronted Ricky and Sara.

Monica: (voice over) "Terri tried to threaten Ricky and Sara, but they weren't having any of it."

Terri gave Ricky a cold look. "Ricky, Will is my husband."

"Yeah, and you're the evil stepmother I would love to get rid of," Ricky replied. "You've been nothing but hateful to me and my mom ever since I've been alive."

Sara nodded sarcastically. "You're only accusing us and threatening us like this because you can use your pregnancy as a shield, because you know otherwise, this would go completely differently. Don't you ever threaten me or my son again, or you'll regret it. Now get the hell out of my office."

From 1.04 "Preggers", in the school hallway, Quinn was crying as Finn embraced her, in shock.

Monica: (voice over) "Quinn's pregnant."

From 1.07 "Throwdown", during the song Keep Holding On, Puck was dancing with Ashley. When the group stood together, even though the breakup between Puck with Quinn and Ashley, he was still worried about them and deep down cared about both, as he looked between Quinn and Ashley on either side of him, sing in lead, while the rest of the group sang backup.

Monica: (voice over) "Puck's the father. He cheated on Ashley with Quinn."

From 1.02 "Showmance", in the school hallway, Puck was flirting with Santana to make Ashley jealous. Ashley rolled her eyes, closing her locker, walking away.

Monica: (voice over) "And Santana and probably a lot of other Cheerios, which is bad because Ashley used to be friends with the Cheerios."

From 1.07 "Throwdown", during the song Keep Holding On, Finn stood between Rachel and Quinn, looking between them in conflict.

Monica: (voice over) "While everyone thinks that Finn's the father while he's torn between Quinn and Rachel."

From 1.07 "Throwdown", in the song dream sequence of You Keep Me Hangin' On, Claire was pouring out her heart and soul, showing a fierce and angrily repressed side of her that not a lot of people saw.