Chapter X

"Ladies and gentlemen please bring your attention down to the pool. Lets get the first women's swimming trials started. ladies are you ready." the announcer said "get set!" everyone grabbed their block as the buzzer sounded. And we were off I was first off and farthest out on the first 50.

"There she goes the rising star Alexandra. She has been training hard for this moment. Missy Franklin is catching up, wait no I'm wrong Alexandra is pulling ahead again into the last stretch of the 200 hundred"

Y lungs burned and my arms were ready to give out I had seen missy Franklin catching up but I wasn't going to let her win.

My hand was pushing into the stop pad. I caught the gutter an looked up, looking at everyone cheering. I took my goggles off and look at the score board. "Yes!" I said first place was present behind my name.

We all got out of the pool and shook hands with the other girls. "Good job guys" I was telling them and was gettin hugged from everyone.

I walked back to look at my next event for trials. 100 fly...i trained harder for this than anyone. I went out to get something from my bag and got a huge hug from Michael "you did it al, I am so proud of you. 100 fly will be easy I know how hard you push for that, I know your muscles can handle it. ill see you in a bit it's my event now" he kissed me and have me another hug. I went into the locker room to warm up a bit while Michael swam. I watched him on the tv. I nervously bit my lip, watched as he took off. Oh no he's lagging behind...wait! "cmon, cmon..." he was pulling ahead and won by a millisecond. "Yes!" I breathed to myself.

"C'mon ladies back on deck for 100 fly." the deck manager came in a warned us. I put my ear buds in and clicked "fly only" playlist and high energy music turned on. it was a collaboration of stuff and it was pumping me up.

"Warm ups off and step up" the announcer stated. I was up shaking my arms out the way Michael does before his race. "Take your mark.......get set........*buzzer*" we were off again. I was ahead in the race again and first to touch the end I was full of energy and launched into the second half. "Ms. Alexandra is off and in the lead. This high school graduate and state champion is in the lead" the announcer drowned out as I danced through the water with ease. *slap* my hands touched the time pad. First again, yes. I though to myself....

Michael swam his 200IM......"ladies an gentlemen, please bring your attention to the pool deck once more for results....."