11

Regina opened her door knowing who it'd be.

"Hey Regina, sorry I'm late," Emma said giving the mayor a quick peck on the cheek before hanging her coat up.

Regina blushed for a moment but quickly tried to mask it with anger before closing the door and leading the way to the kitchen, "Henry tells me you were with his teacher."

"I was. We were helping the missing person from a couple weeks ago. Thanks to Henry we found him near the toll bridge. He's been safe back at the hospital," Emma informed, "I completely forgot to tell you or file anything I've been so busy trying to help him adjust. Him and Mary Margaret have taken a liking to eachother tho."

"When this first happened did you question Ms. Blanchard like I asked?" Regina asked while she stirred whatever she was cooking.

"Not exactly," The blonde confessed, "I asked her questions in a non-sheriff type manner."

"Emma! I don't know how you did things in Boston or as a bail bonds person but here in Storybrooke, as Sheriff we have policies you must follow," Regina chastised.

"Ok, just hear me out. I knew she didn't have anything to do with it so I didn't see the reason to make an official questioning debacle. Which is good because she didn't even know. Our John woke up and was scared to be surrounded by so many machines so he went to the nearest exit which emptied out into the woods," Sheriff Swan explained, "I don't know what beef you have with Mary Margaret but please don't make me choose between you and her. First of all this was weeks ago and I dont know how you found out about it just now on date night? This is quite literally the first time in my life where I've had both good friends, and a relationship. And to top it all off I have my son who loves me and I love him and he's finally getting on board with us."

Regina sighed but did not turn around to face the blonde. She felt bad because she was the reason Emma had gone through life alone, and for one reason or another knowing that this made the Savior miserable made her feel guilty. It hadn't always been this way, when the Savior wasn't even born yet Regina dreamed of her death. She was the only one that could stop her curse and the curse was supposed to make her happy. So in turn that made the Savior her enemy and an enemy of the Queen usually turned up dead, age was an irrelevant factor. Close to 3 decades ago she would've pulled out the heart of Emma Swan no matter the age, so that she could finally get her revenge on Snow White. She never really thought about how the Saviors life went once she travelled through the wardrobe, only about ways to end it. Since dating her she's learned so much. Since this world thought she was an orphan she had been alone and forgotten since birth. She trusted no one and had no trust to give and no faith in herself or others. She had never given her actions a second thought but now that things have started to change in Storybrooke, so had she. The responsibility and guilt about how Emma Swan's life turned out all fell to her and instead of relishing in her misery she felt really bad.

"Fine. I'm sorry," she apologized for more than just her actions of that day, "You're right, and I will back off from now on."

Emma smiled and stood up to walk over to Regina.

She hugged her from behind and kissed her cheek, "Thank you Gina."

The mayor raised her eyebrow and looked back at the blonde with a smirk, "Gina?"

Emma smirked back as she her hug tightened briefly, "Cute is it not?"

Regina gave a low laugh, "Only coming from you."

Emma scrunched her nose playfully as she pecked Regina's lips, "Good to know Gina."

The blonde laughed as she separated herself from the brunette, "I'm going to set up the movie and get Henry."

"Alright. Food will be ready soon Em."

It was Emma's turn to doin and smirk.

"What," Regina questioned, "You're the only one that gets to call the other a pet name?"

Emma rolled her eyes and laughed as she went to get Henry from his room.

"Hey kid," she said opening his door, "Your mom almost has dinner ready. I wanted to know what kind of movie you wanna watch?"

"Anything that will help Operation Swan Queen prosper," he answered hopping off his bed and hugging his mom, "So basically anything but a musical. How about a comedy?"

"Operation what now?"

Henry groaned, "Try to keep up mom. Operation Swan Queen is the plan to find true love, aka you, so that she can get her happy ending. Once she gets her happy ending she'll no longer be the Evil Queen. She'll be one of the good guys," he explained.

The blonde shrugged, she didn't want to feed Henry's imagination but she couldn't help but like the name he had given them.

"Alright well let's get downstairs and choose a movie for Operation whatever it's called to watch," Emma offered.

He hopped off his bed and rushed downstairs.

"Did you cook what I think you did," Henry said as he approached his mother in the kitchen.

Regina spun around with a smile on her face and bowl in hand, "My world famous paella? Yes my love."

Henry took the bowl happily and walked to the living room, "Emma you're going to love moms paella. It's so good," he said as he sat on the chaise part of the sectional.

"It certainly smells delicious," Emma said as Regina came in with a bowl for herself and a bowl for Emma.

"It is," she said handing Emma her bowl, "Have you picked a movie yet?"

"Not yet. I told Henry he could choose. Hope that's alright," she told her as they both sat down on the sofa part of the sectional.

"No problem. What'd you pick Henry," Regina asked as she snuggled up next to Emma.

"Parent Trap," he answered.

"I love Lindsay Lohan," Emma said as she took a bite of her food, "Holy shit, but not as much as I love this food. What'd you call it again?"

Regina smirked, "Paella."

"Well it's amazing. I've never had anything quite like it," she complimented.

Regina laughed, "That's because you eat like a child. I swear I don't think theres ever been a day where I didn't see you eat a grilled cheese and onion rings."

"Can't blame me, they taste so good," Emma said through a laugh, "But not quite as good as this. Thanks for dinner," she said taking the brunettes hand and placing a gentle kiss on the back of it.

Regina blushed, and she hated the fact that her cheeks were selling her out like this. She was the Evil Queen, she was strong, and intimidating. But with Emma she felt vulnerable and her insides turned to mush. This wasn't apart of the plan but it made her the slightest bit happy. She knew Henry was her happiness and he'd never be hers again as long as Emma was here, but she could salvage moments like these, until they came to their eventual end.