12

Emma woke up with Regina's head in her lap and her fingers resting in her hair. Henry was asleep in the chaise and she was too scared to move. Regina looked like she was peaceful and she didn't dare move to wake her. She'd sacrifice some numb legs to make sure the regal women before her could get a good nights sleep as she deserved.

The brunette started to move and groan as her eyes fluttered open. She smiled up at Emma who smiled back as she ran her fingers through Regina's hair.

"Good morning."

"Good morning," Regina yawned with a smile.

The mayor looked up into Emma's green eyes and her heart felt like it turned to goo. It didn't hurt tho it just made her swoon and Emma felt the same way. She hadn't felt anything for anyone since Henry's father, and she stayed in town for Henry but having Regina around has made it not so awkward. Emma was beginning to trust another grown adult and she was reluctant deep down but she so desperately wanted to see the good in others instead always thinking people were out to get her. Henry gave her that hope and her and Regina owed their relationship to their son.

Regina felt the same way, and within seconds it hit her. She was cuddled up next to Emma like some romcom couple after a date gone wrong. This wasn't supposed to happen. She jolted up and fixed her appearance, shocking the blonde who thought they were having a moment.

"Woah woah. You got someplace to be Gina?" Emma asked as she stretched.

"No I just- I uh- you need to go," Regina said hastily, "I have an appointment today and Henry's got session with Hopper. And I'm sure you have work to do today."

Emma eyed her suspiciously, "Ok then," she said as she got up with Regina following her actions.

They walked to the door and Emma attempted to give Regina a goodbye kiss, one which the mayor effectively evaded.

"You sure everything's alright?" Emma asked.

"Yeah, yeah, no. I was just- I have morning breath," she said covering up her evasiveness, "Nothing personal Miss Swan," she said with faux smile.

"Ok, I'll see you later then?"

Regina smiled nervously and nodded her head, "Until then Sheriff."

Mayor Mills closed the front door after Emma left and gave an audible sigh as she rested her head against the wood.

"Why are you doing that?" Henry asked standing in the hallway.

Regina quickly spun around to face her son. Her back pushed up against the door like she was trying to prevent something from entering, "Whatever are you talking about Henry?"

"You always do this. You won't allow yourself to be happy. Why can't you let my mom make you happy," Henry questioned, "I know you love me and don't think you can share me but I promise I can love you both. Mom, I didn't see it earlier but I know now you love me. You stepped up when I needed you the most and I love you but I can't love the evil queen."

Tears started to run down the mayors face.

"Mom?" the young boy questioned in concern.

"Henry enough! We're not a part of some story book," Regina cried out, "Even if we were. You should have read enough of them by now to know that Villains don't get happy endings."

Henry looked hurt as he turned to run to his room, before he reached the stairs he turned to face Regina, "My family are heroes," he said before he stormed up stairs.

"Believe me I know," she whispered to herself, "I've fell in love with one."

With that revelation she sunk to the floor as she tried to stop the tears from flowing. When she woke up that morning she felt something she never had before. When she woke up next to Emma, with Henry peacefully sleeping in front of them, her heart was warm with love as she realized she wanted to wake up to that feeling and that woman every day. When she had that feeling that morning, she knew her plan had failed. She wasn't supposed to fall in love with Emma, just gain her trust enough to be able to eventually get rid of her, but maybe love really did trump all...

The problem? The problem was if she wanted to continue with this relationship she would risk sending Emma away. The day she went to her vault to find the curse she had also started the curse. All she was missing was the trust. The moment she had gained every last bit of trust as well as the time constraint was fulfilled, Emma would simply be transported to a new realm along with any memory of her. She'd never have love because she was a villain and villains don't get happy endings. Everybody knew that...

A/N: Sorry this chapter kinda sucks and is just a short terrible recap and clarification of what's happened so far. The main thing I really wanted to touch on was that Regina's curse to send Emma away has already started, shes just missing Emma's complete trust and the time parameter. Ok that's it. Thanks love you babes and thanks for reading.