3. WICKED is Good

This chapter is dedicated to GingersInJumpers for her awesome Maze Runner fan fiction 'The Glitch'
------------
By the way, you would have found out later on in the story, but I just wanted to clear it up now; Lori is named after Gloria Steinem, who was known for her lifelong endeavour of achieving equality for women in workplace, in politics, and in all other societal aspects :D
--------------------

"Alright Lori, since you already know Minho, I'll let him show you where you need to go." He calls Minho over and tell him what he told me. "I want you to get all the Keepers together, we're having a Gathering as soon as possible." Minho nods and steps towards me.

"Ready to go?"

"What's a Gathering?"

"What's it sound like Greenie? We're going to gather, and have a nice little chat about ya." I just roll my eyes and walk ahead of him.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Minho leads me into a hut of sorts, a circular room with a pole in the middle, holding the roof up. The room contains a crescent of chairs, and one chair sitting lonesome in the centre.
I sighed deeply "Let me guess" I point to the centre chair.

Minho raises his arms and smirks, "it's about you remember?" I release a small laugh. Laughing, something I feel like I haven't done in a very long time. I wander if anyone else has.

"So am I the only girl here, or have I just not seen the others?" I ask out of curiosity, making my way towards my chair.

"You're the only and the first girl Greenie we've had here in the Glade" Minho replies. We don't say anything else as the other boys - Keepers, Alby called them - step into the enclosed area and find their seats.

Once everyone is seated, Alby in the centre of the crescent, Minho further down, the Gathering begins.
"So I'm sure you can all guess why we're here" Alby begins. "And before any of you speak, be careful what you say. Anyone says or does anything to the girl, and I'll personally throw you off of the Cliff. We clear?" All around the room, the boys nod and mutter "good that." Strange, I remember anyone ever talking like that. Well, I guess that you fits in with the whole "no memory" thing.

"Now, to why we're here. What are we gonna do with her? I'm open to reasonable suggestions." Alby questions.

"Why a girl? Why now?" A boy asks. I look towards him, he has dark skin, dark hair and a slight beard sprouting from his chin.

"If we knew that, we wouldn't be having a Gathering, would we shuck-face?" A boy with light skin, dark hair and a menacing smirk replies. He doesn't look like someone I want to trust.

Alby held his hands up, as if the gesture would mute the Keepers. "Gally, stop. Not sure, Frypan; that's what we need to figure out"

"I say we throw her in the Slammer until we know why she's here" the boy named Gally states. Slammer? That does not sound fun. I don't like this Gally guy. I hear a few murmurs of people who agree, and a few who are against the idea.

"Alright, who agrees with Gally here?" Alby questioned the other Keepers. I scoffed in shock, raising my eyebrows as just over half of the boys raise their hands in agreement.

"You've got to be bloody joking? Ya can't just throw her in the shuck Slammer, 'cos she's a girl" I look around for the strange voice of my defender, and pinpoint it to the boy sitting right next to Alby. His voice was different to the other boys, something sounded different.

The boy looks to be tall, but it is hard to tell since he's sitting. He has blonde hair, dark ebony eyes and pale skin. He is also quite attractive. Nope. Stop it, Lori! I laugh slightly to myself. Yep, I've lost it. No crushing on the hot Blonde. I sigh to myself. This is going to be difficult.

I look back up to the boy, and he gives me a nod as I mouth a 'thank you'.

"He's right" The one with the beard - Frypan? - agreed.

Alby sat quietly while all the other boys converse over what the boy has said. He just sits, elbows on his knees, forehead creased in concentration. Finally he stands, it takes people a moment to notice, and in just a few seconds, all their talking and murmurs die out.

Alby turns towards the Blonde, "I'm sorry, but I can't deny the majority. A night in the Slammer, and we'll decide if she stays any longer tomorrow." Alby points to the boy named Gally and another, and instructs them to escort me to the Slammer.

"Let's go Greenie" Gally says as he grabs my bicep and makes me stand. Another boy walks over, he has dark hair and acne spread across his face. I don't catch his name, but he grabs my other arm, and he and Gally begin to walk me out of the room.

As we're walking, I hear harsh conversations begin to start back in the room. I try to slow my walk down, but Gally and the other boy keep dragging.
"Could you please slow down a bit? I'm tired" I say, trying to be kind.

"You can sleep in the Slammer" the boy with acne announces.

I feel my jaw clench. I tried to be nice, I did, but I'm not going to let them treat me like this because I'm a girl. I slow down just enough, before bringing my foot up, and kicking Gally in the back of the knee. As soon as he lets go in pain, I kick the other boy as well. Once I'm free, I make a run for it.

I look around what they boys called the Glade. Four walls, grass, a box in the middle, a corner full of trees where I was found and another with a large house. There are also small animal pens and grain fields.

I look back to the walls, to see each side has a large split down the middle, leading to corridors. I decide to head for them. I run as fast as I can towards the closest open.

Just as I have stepped out of the Glade, standing in the middle of the doors, a loud growling sound echoes through the corridors. I freeze and look to either side of me. The doors. They're moving. How is that even possible?

I feel as if my feet are glued to the spot, I want to move away from the doors, which are going to crush me in under two minutes, but I can't. I hear a sound whisper and echo in my head, telling me something which seems as if it may be important, but I can't hear it over the doors. The whisper is slowly growing louder

"Lori! Get back here!" I hear someone scream from behind me. But I still feel as if I've been hypnotized or something like that.

The whisper has turning into speaking, speaking to yelling, and now the yelling is screaming. The same three words over and over. The screaming has finally become so loud, I can hear it over the moving walls, the shrieking voice piercing the last bubble of consciousness I had.

'WICKED is good'

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

A/N

So there is chapter 3! I know that it seems rushed that I put that end part in, but it's actually not, because it's going to lead to something later on.

I hope you are all enjoying, let me know what you think!

Q= Which of the three Maze Runner books is your favorite?

Thankyou to those of you who have read and voted for this story! xo