Cast Away

Authors note: okay so I know that I am kinda terrible for doing anything on here and finishing it and I don't really finish a lot of my ideas and I'm sorry but I have a good feeling about this one I'm not sure why, anyway let me know what you think and I hope you enjoy

Percy POV

We had finally finished it. After weeks and weeks of working on the ring with Hephaestus and getting the blessing of both Athena and Aphrodite I was ready to propose to my wise girl. The war with Gaea had finished just two weeks before, there were some casualties on both sides and I made sure to remember all of the names of lost demigods. I would look at them from time to time, when I felt my strength wavering and needed to find some I would look at every demigod who had given there lives for the gods and I knew I had no right to do any less then them. But still every time I saw Leo 'supersized Mcshizzle' Valdez I couldn't help but choke up.

I didn't know the son of Hephaestus that long, I'm ashamed to say I never actively tried to create something of a good relationship, sure we had our good moments and we spoke alone a few times but I should've done more. Should've tried harder. Hazel had told us all about what Nemesis had said, Leo would always be the seventh wheel, and as much as I hate to admit it, it was true. Whilst he held a place in all of our lives we all had someone who we would prioritise (I'm British sorry Americans) over him and so he sacrificed himself for all of us. I can't let him down when he showed more loyalty then I could ever dream.

I was walking back to camp, the ring in my pocket, my backpack on one of my shoulders loosely and a bundle of butterflies in my stomach for what I was planning to do. I had spent weeks begging for Dionysus to search my memories of just after the Titan war with one of the Naiads present in the room. Finally he did, although not before making me perform a whole bunch of ridiculous tasks like taking every fourth strawberry from the farm for his stupid leopard head. After he agreed I asked the Naiad to find that location, the place where my wise girl and I had our first underwater kiss. I had planned a picnic to have under the sea with a school of fish around because Annabeth loves learning and I love a pun. Then I would propose to her just as Artemis rises over camp and the huntress comes into the night sky. It would be perfect.

I was walking through the borders when I felt a hand grab my arm and drag me towards the stables. I was so confused I didn't even fight back until Clarrise was standing right in front of me looking.... was that fear?

"Listen Prissy, we both know that me and you aren't best buddies and we never will be. But you helped Sileana to be remembered as a hero and thats why I'm repaying you with some advice. You've gotta get out the camp Punk, rumours are spreading, some of us don't believe them, we've been fighting secretly trying to find ways to prove your innocence but the others. I don't know what happened but Percy, it's bad. They've all turned on you. Jason, Piper, hell even Hazel isn't supporting you. It's not safe here. You have a brother, some upstart little twerp called Douglas Michaels, and he's been spreading stuff. Blaming you for things and people are listening so please, for once in your life don't be such a stupid reckless waste of a sea Spawn and get out whilst you still can, with a bit of luck they'll never know you were here." She said, her eyes wide and slightly out of breath from her rant.

I was too distracted to ask her why she believed me. I had a brother? And everyone was against me? People were fighting for me trying to defend my honour? That last question settled it. I wasn't leaving. I was not going to leave innocent demigods, children and teenagers to fight for my name whilst I do nothing or else they may as well listen because I will have failed them. "Clarisse, thank you for telling me I appreciate it I do, but we both know that I can't just leave people to fight for me, I don't let anyone else fight my battles. As a child or Ares I'm sure you can understand that sometimes you gotta stand up and throw the punches or take them yourself. I appreciate you having my back and Sileana was a hero and should always be remembered as such. I don't want us to be in a feud anymore but I have to go and do some damage control it seems. Tell the others, whoever they are, let them know I'm back and that I'm staying. For them."

I walked out of the stables and towards my cabin, I noticed several campers glaring at me others looked at me with caution and some I could see a small smirk on there lips as of saying 'oh good I can't wait to watch you bash in these idiots skulls'. I walked into the door of my cabin to see my stuff in ruins. A picture of me and Annabeth was stuck to the wall with the Minotaur horn going straight between my eyes, my mattress and pillows had holes in them from what appeared to be a knife, the words 'Monster' 'Murderer' and 'Traitor' were written in various forms across my side of the room. I quickly dropped my backpack and ran to my bed checking underneath. Duffel bag? Gone. Spare clothes? Ruined. Suitcase? Okay good it was still there the enchantment was still up, thank the gods.

I had just let out a sigh of relief when it happened. The scream. The scream that broke my heart. My wise girl was standing in the door pointing at me. And she was screaming traitor.