A sacrifice, for the gods.

Percy POV

I stood transfixed as I stared at her. Her blonde princess curls looked as beautiful as always, her CHB top was tucked into a pair of jean shorts and her sneaked were tied up in double knots, perfect for running in case of emergency. However her face, it was different. Her grey stormy eyes that used to hold affection and comfort now held fear and disgust. Her mouth that used to smile and laugh when I did something stupid was now open wide and raging about how much of a traitor I am. This was not my Wise Girl. This was not my Annabeth Chase. She had listened to the lies. She had believed horrible things about me. She had killed her memory of me.

Everyone came running to the cabin to see what was happening. Their eyes landed on me and was immediately filled with nothing but malice and contempt. A boy about 5'7 with raven black hair that was more organised then mine and murky green eyes stood to the side a small smirk resided on his face. Guess this must be my Half brother Douglas. Everyone was now staring at me with an open jaw so I figured I should try and get ahead of this situation.

I stepped forward to address the crowd. "Camp Half Blood. Over the last couple weeks, days I'm not sure how long it's been happening, but recently you all have heard rumours about me. Horrible things that I'm guessing I have supposedly done. I have just arrived at camp to see the well, not usual messy state of my room. You believe the words you carved to be true. That I am a murderer? A monster? A traitor? Well then allow me to address each one clearly. Have I killed? Yes. I am responsible for deaths of demigods and I hate myself everyday for it, I blame myself for every death that has taken place in the armies I have led, the deaths that took place when me and Charles Beckendorf were tasked with blowing up the princess Andromeda. Yet I have prevented death too, i have saved lives when I can, helped when needed and done what I can to see our lives continue peacefully. Do not believe this to be me asking for a thank you nor is it me boasting. I am simply stating facts. Am I a monster? I can be at times, I have slain many monsters and beasts and I guess I have become one partially myself. Yet am I a threat to you? No never. As for being a traitor? My fatal flaw is loyalty, I would sacrifice the world for someone whom I love, as stated by Lady Athena herself. Dare to argue with her wisdom? I do not claim to be the smartest, I do not claim to even know the full extent of my flaw. But I know who I love and I know who I would give the world for. You are all on that list. So please, I ask this of you seeing as I have never once asked for anything before from any of you, please for the sake of Logic and Reason and I guess also in a selfish way my own sake, please don't believe these lies you have been told." As I finished my little speech I could see a few faces pondering over my words, accepting them. But I also saw faces maintain rage out of stubbornness. That's when they stepped forward.

"What about when you tried to kill me in Denver, or did you forget about that Jackson?" Jason spat, the word Jackson holding so much venom I felt almost nostalgic of the pit scorpion all those years ago. "You and I were both under the control of eidolons. Or did you forget about that, Grace?" I replied back, letting some venom creep into my voice and hating myself for talking to a friend that way. "If you're not a traitor then explain this Percy, explain why you had maps under your bed detailing the strengths and weaknesses of camp?" Annabeth said, a triumphant smirk on her face as if she had me cornered. How wrong she was.

"Wise gi- Annabeth, why do you assume you're the smartest in the room? You should know me well enough by now to realise that I have never been as dumb as I portray. You are Athena's daughter, you're more wise then most people however there are always exceptions. I do not claim to be as smart as you in terms of educational knowledge, put me in front of a maths exam you will win one hundred percent of the time. However you fail to realise that I have been told I would be the hero of the great prophecy since I was 12. I have had time to plan and practice and learn to defend. Learn to be a general. To the point I could outwit you. When we play Capture the flag your plans are strong, confident so I never questioned them because they would be enough to win but I always knew the flaws of the plan, the weaknesses and what could be done to improve them. I never said anything because your flaw is hubris. The desire to be the best. I knew you would not rest until you could prove you were better then me at planning and that would take a toll on your mental and physical health and I couldn't see that. So I stayed quiet but I knew, oh I always knew. These maps are plans to defend camp, the weaknesses and where to improve them, the strengths and how we can balance them. But since you have decided to take my attention I will now take a minute of yours. I was away for a few weeks with Hephaestus designing a ring. Your mother gave me permission as did the goddess of love herself after she felt my feelings for you. I made a ring to take your hand in marriage but I see now that I have lost you to the words and lies and of whoever has a vendetta against me. I have my guesses who" I said as I stared at Douglas "but that doesn't matter now. This was the ring." I pulled out a simple silver band which held a Coral pearl from the palace of Poseidon himself in place of the eyes of an owl, engraved on the ring was 'Together, never apart'. The girls swooned at the ring and Annabe- she gasped. I walked through the crowd of stunned demigods and walked straight to the Hearth. I held my hand with the ring above the fire and dropped the ring inside.

"FOR THE GODS! FOR THE MISERABLE LIFE THEY HAVE DEALT ME I NOW HAND PART OF IT BACK TO YOU! AN OBJECT CURSED WITH AN EMPTY LOVE TO MAKE SOMETHING ONCE WHOLE NOW BROKEN! ARE YOU LAUGHING GODS! ARE YOU ENJOYING MY PAIN! THROW ME ANOTHER CHALLENGE AND I WILL OVERCOME. YOU! WILL! NOT! BREAK ME!" I screamed, letting all of the rage and betrayal inside of me explode out shocking the campers and sending earthquakes across the Long Island sound. And as I fell to my knees in exhaustion I had no idea that I had just made a goddess faint.