Unscheduled Flight

Percy POV

I kept running, I had to find a clearing within the forest, somewhere open where Ouranos would not be able to hide. I could feel the amount of air pushing against me, it was strong, not enough to lift me off my feet but easily enough to slow me down from my top speed. If Jason could use the air currents to push himself off the ground then what are the chances that Ouranos can't? Slim to none, meaning he's not putting his full power in to this, he's toying with me. I don't like to be played with.

I could feel myself growing angry. Even when I am not dictated by fate, even when I have finally been given control of my own destiny, I'm still pulled into the games of the gods and powerful beings. I was so sick of being a pawn. I decided to fight back, but I had to do this right. I could see a clearing up ahead but I could also feel the wind pushing back stronger. Ouranos did not want me to get there. Okay this was make or break right here. I kept running whilst also discreetly pushing the wind behind me to see where he was.

Nothing

Nothing

Nothi-

THERE! I had found out where he was and, whilst running, I drew a skeleton out of the ground behind where Ouranos was and controlled it to jump on to his back, arms around his throat.

"ANNOYING CREATURE, I WILL KILL YOU!"

As he screamed the wind blew out from where he was at insane speeds, sending me flying forward into the clearing with a face full of dirt. I groaned as I sat up, one hand on my head hoping that I did not have a concussion. As I say there shaking my head I heard a sharp whistling sound before I felt something sharp land in my thigh. I screamed in pain as I hadn't had time to brace myself from a hit. I looked at my leg to see a spear of solid air sticking out. I grabbed it by the shaft and pulled it out of my body before slowly standing up on shaky legs.

I looked up to see Ouranos floating down to the clearing, a crushed skull in his hand that he threw in front of me.

"You are most annoying Perseus Jackson."

"What's your problem Ouranos? Why are you fighting with them, the same side that wants to raise the people that killed you, ya know Gaia, Kronos and all your little Titan spawn. What's the deal?" I had to keep him busy whilst I tried to think of a plan to kill him, and from my experience, every villain loves a monologue.

"When I was a boy Perseus-" that's as far as he got before I blocked out what he was saying. I'm sorry okay but when a primordial being of the sky who has been alive for who knows how long starts off with 'when I was a boy' you just know the story is gonna be a long one.

I looked around the clearing, there was no monsters around, so one opponent, I could feel a little bit of water near by so maybe a spring? There was a lot of shadows, maybe I could shadow travel away? That would have to be a last resort. I wanted to kill him now if possible, that way we have one less primordial to worry about. It was at that moment that it appeared Ouranos caught on that I wasn't paying attention as he sent me flying with a gust of wind straight up. I was flung up so high that I passed through a couple of clouds which left me energised because of the rain in them and then I was fairly sure I saw a glimpse of the Olympian council, all staring at me as I slowly began falling back down. I had no control over my body and given the speed I was falling I was fairly sure that Ouranos was pushing me further down with a bit of wind. However he was nice enough to catch me before I hit the ground.

Unfortunately he caught my by my throat and was holding me off the ground.

"You are a very annoying mortal Perseus Jackson and I can not wait to hang your head from my walls when I tear it from your body." He growled, tightening his hand as he did so. But my little unscheduled flight had given me an idea. Ouranos is the sky, no matter what it looks like. So using Zeus blessing I slowly began to summon a little rain, making the clouds begin to pour it down into the clearing.

"Nice try Jackson, but I'm aware of your boost from water. This rain will not help you in getting the strength you need to—" he froze. See if he represents the sky, then he should reflect it right? So my little rainstorm made him into a storm cloud, and storm clouds have rain in them so he should have to. And I'm not the Son Of Poseidon for the refreshments. I had taken control of the water inside the cloud which meant I now had a very stiff primordial under my control.

After getting him to release his hands from around my throat I made sure that I had everything on me. I really didn't want to lose any weapons. I then turned back to the angry frozen storm cloud and froze the water inside him to make a popsicle, which fell to the ground. I recalled that was how Queen Dirt Face had killed him the first time. She brought him to the earth so he was not in his own domain, and then killed him. So I decided that maybe I could learn one lesson from my great grandmother and I slashed Sea Serpent across the ice, shattering it and killing Ouranos.

It was at that moment that I got an IM from a very confused Zeus asking if I had just flown past Olympus, I quickly informed him of what happened and he told me that he would tell Chiron and thanked me for dealing with such a large threat.

Gods Zeus thanking me, I'll never get over that. I ended the IM and ran to the nearest shadow to travel back to my tent. As I was shadow travelling though I felt something strange happen, like I had been hijacked half way through and when I tumbled out of a brick wall I was confused. I looked around but I saw nothing but darkness.

Where am I?