Four years later

Thalia POV

I was walking with the hunt following the trail Phoebe had picked up on. We had been tracking the Manticore for a couple days now in the hopes that we would find him. You see recently monsters had started disappearing, high level dangerous monsters that usually require two or three demigods to defeat. They had been hunted and the tracks that phoebe had found told us that it was one single demigod who had done it. As soon as I heard that I had hoped it was Percy, only him or Nico are strong enough to do something like that but I know it wasn't Death Breath because he was still in a comatose state.

As soon as he heard what had happened to our other cousin he was furious. Scratch that he was downright murderous. Hades had told him what had happened, how the campers had abandoned Percy, how a demigod believed to be the smartest alive had carelessly betrayed someone who would've given her the world. He had interrogated every single camper. With the help of Apollo who stated 'Nobody messes with my favourite cuz, no offence to you I'm glad you and Will are dating but nobody is quite like Percy.' He had sat every single camper down asking them questions and using Apollo to decide when they were lying.

The ones who were honest and didn't abandon Percy Nico had personally thanked for helping his cousin. The others were not so lucky. Let's just say after a whole lot of fighting skeletons that can't be killed unless you're a child of Hades or Pluto and after a personal slap to the face of Annabeth by Neeks himself he fainted from exhaustion. Will had spent every day for four years treating him and caring him but he still hasn't woken up. He doesn't even know the worst bit yet. Percy Jackson, that stupid reckless loyal wonderful little Kelp Head died. Hades said he felt it, surprisingly so did Hestia and Aphrodite.

STUPID ADHD IM OFF TOPIC! We were following the Manticore hoping that this other hunter would attack him as he is a high level threat. We followed from the woods, hiding in bushes or trees with silent footsteps pushing down on the soft muddy floor. My black combat boots stained at the bottom with the brown muck making a horrible contrast with my silver Parka. I was about to climb into the next tree when I heard it. The soft thud of an arrow landing in front of the Monster. I immediately checked the arrow, night black, Stygian iron tip, fletching made from what looked like Peacock feathers. Not a hunters arrow which must mean.... ITS HIM!

I silently called out to my sisters of the hunt telling them to hold position. Artemis had given us the ability of telepathic communication for when we were hunting so as to not alert our prey. We all stood, staring transfixed at the manticore who now stood trembling at the sight of the arrow lodged within the mud of the swamp. His furry legs were quivering from fear as every muscle in his body seized up, paralysed.

"Two weeks ago you murdered a young demigod of the age of 9 Manticore Scum. A daughter of Eirene, the goddess of Peace. Did you hear that? The daughter of the goddess of Peace, not even aged 10 and you murdered her in cold blood for what? Thrill? Fun? Pleasure? You make me sick monster! But you have grown reckless. You did not realise you have been being hunted for days now, nor did the ones who were hunting you to begin with. Yes huntresses, I know you are here, you have tracked this monster for days now without killing it leaving me to believe you want to find me. Well then, allow me to make your wish come true." A voice said from the highest tree yet the voice was calm, collected and definitely male.

As he finished speaking the scent of the ocean filled the clearing that the manticore stood in as a thin layer of mist began to solidify, taking the form of a man. He was easily 6'3, his body was muscular but hidden under a black cloak that hung just off the ground. He spread his arms and I could count 24 throwing knives on two straps across his chest, on his belt lay 6 shurikens. A bow was strapped on his back with a quiver. On his waist hung a sword in a scabbard with a pure black handle and on his other side was a pistol, from the looks of things a desert eagle .50 Cal. All in all he looked like a nightmarish badass and his aura rivalled that of a Titan.

"My name is σκιά, or shadow depending on what you want to call me. I am the nightmare of monsters, the thing that makes evil go bump in the night. I am a hunter and I will not be interrupted from my prey." As soon as he finished speaking he had pulled out his pistol and shot the Manticore through the throat before any of us could blink. I knew he could take every single one of us down if he wished. I waited for him to make a move, to attack the hunters or challenge us to a fight we could not win but he didn't. Instead he sat down on the trunk of a tree muttering to himself. I couldn't make out all of what he said but I did catch some bits. 'If only Pan were here', 'shouldnt have gotten caught' and then he muttered something that made me stop cold in my tracks. Something that sent my mind reeling with hope and possibilities that couldn't be true. 'Stupid Doctor Thorn.'

Could this be Percy? I don't know of any other demigod that was there that day besides annabeth, Nico bianca and the hunters. It's certainly not them, annabeth isn't male, Nico is in a coma and the hunters are all female. I was shuffling with my inner turmoil when Shadow stood up and said "Oh great now I have a Deity to explain myself to." A young hunter, daughter of Demeter named Maria was about to ask what he meant when a light flashed into the clearing and Lady Artemis was with us.

"Ahh I see my hunt has finally found you. I have been watching the whole time and I do believe that this wasn't the ten year period you bet now was it shadow? They found you sooner then you expected and now you must pay up your side of the bet σκιά, or should I say.... Percy?" She said a smug smile present on her features. Percy? She said Percy? This was Percy? I saw the stars as my eyes rolled back to my head and all I heard was "Looks like you broke her Arty" before I lost consciousness.