Chapter 8

When I returned from my little outing with Camilla and Giovanni, Ji-Sun immediately dragged me back to her side to ask for my opinion on my dress she and Danica picked out. When I told her I didn’t like the slit at the side, she dismissed my words—like I expected. Even though she asked for my opinion, she never really cared for it.

In the end, I was going to wear an orchid, back-baring, leg-baring dress. When I remembered that it was only for one night—and for only a couple of hours—I let it pass. Ji-Sun continued to keep me by her and Danica’s side until the sun had long set and the werewolf had to go back home.

Only then was I free to go back to my room and relax.

After a quick shower, I stepped into my bedroom and spotted the figure sitting on the edge of my bed in a relaxed position. I would’ve panicked if I hadn’t immediately recognized who he was.

Mickey Myster.

He turned his head to the side and observed me with half-lidded eyes that could’ve possibly looked as if they were seducing me. But I knew better. That was just Mickey’s natural gaze and he threw that look at plenty of other women but me.

Instead of acknowledging his presence, I simply ignored him and walked to my closet before swinging the door open. I walked in and flicked the light on before opening my undergarment drawers and picking out a matching underwear and bra.

I dropped the towel around my body and bended down to slip my legs into the underwear. When I stood back up straight, I glanced over my shoulder and saw that Mickey was observing me. This time, I definitely saw something in his eyes.

And I felt as if he would burn a hole right through me. Or at least through my underwear.

Only after I withheld a shiver did I pick up my bra and snap it on. Then, I looked for something to wear to bed.

“Red.” Mickey suddenly said.

I met his gaze with a raised brow.

“I want to see you in red tonight.”

Slowly, I turned to him with a defiant look. “And why should I abide by your taste? I was thinking about blue.”

“Red.” He growled the word.

I sighed and finally asked, “Why are you here tonight, Mickey?”

He raised a cocky brow. “Can I not be here?”

“You’ve slipped onto Vincenti territory without noticing anyone. I’m sure you’ve broken more than a few rules in our territorial pact.” I answered blandly. “What if someone saw you? Better yet, why don’t I just report you to your alpha?”

“You won’t.” he said with ease. “If you planned on doing that, you would’ve done so by now. There’s more than enough proof after all. My scent is already lingering in this room with yours.”

I resisted the urge to inhale deeply and fill my lungs full of Mickey. Why did I even think about doing that in the first place?

“Besides, I heard about your little talk with Giovanni’s mate.” He spoke, and I stiffened. “Allowing the two of them to claim each other before the soiree, are you?”

My eyes narrowed. “Where did you hear that?”

Mickey chuckled. “It’s obvious from the way the two of them clung to each other today. They’re probably still together even as we speak.” Then his eyes ran down my body, lingering on my underwear. “And who will be your partner for fun?”

I crossed my arms over my chest and answered, “Have you not seen the three men who surround me?”

At that, Mickey laughed.