Chapter 19

Thirsty. Why was I so thirsty? I felt as if I hadn’t drank blood in ages. My throat pulsed and my heart ached.

“Lydia,” someone whispered my name.

I opened my eyes but my sight was blurry. From the voice, it was a male, but I couldn’t tell who it was.

“Blood,” I murmured.

Just as I thought I was going to drift off to darkness once more, something warm pressed against my lips and my thirst wouldn’t let me turn away. A warm liquid seeped through my lips and wet my tongue. I gulped the blood and reached a hand up to clasp the arm in front of my face.

The blood sent me soaring. I released a breath through my nose as I continued to gratefully gulp mouthfuls. My tongue pressed against the wound where the blood seeped through, and I could feel a gash on the wrist I drank from.

His blood soothed my dry throat and my heart felt alive once more. A smile spread across my lips as I continued to drink. My hand climbed up his arm and I dug my nails into his biceps, grasping to pull him closer.

The more I drank, the more energy I felt. I closed my eyes and savored the taste of his blood. After I was satisfied, I released him and sighed in bliss. My heavy lids closed and I drifted away once more.

“Lydia,” he said.

“Mm?”

“Going back to sleep?”

“Mmm.”

Suddenly, he clicked his tongue. “You can’t even recognize my voice?”

I groaned and turned my back to him as I snuggled deeper into the bed I slept on.

“Lydia.” This time, I recognized the speaker.

“Go away, Talon.”

He chuckled. “I’m glad you’re okay.”

“Mmm.” I began drifting off to sleep again.

“Lydia.”

“Stop saying my name. You’re annoying.”

“I can’t help it. You look cute lying in my bed.”

I remained silent for a few minutes, but finally opened my eyes and saw Talon standing by the side of the bed I faced. I glared at him and slowly leaned up on my hands, making sure to keep my eyes on him at all times. When I glanced down at myself and saw that I was fully clothed, I relaxed.

“Why am I here?” I slowly asked.

“Did you forget what happened?”

My eyebrows furrowed, but the memories slowly came back. The Halfling did something, causing me to black out. The fact that I was back in the Copper Moon Pack complex meant I was fine though. But I still felt tired.

I laid back down on the bed, earning a chuckle from Talon.

“Where are the girls?”

“They’re in the complex.”

Slowly, I said, “You didn’t do anything to them, did you?”

“I was tempted to since they did something strange to you. But I knew you wouldn’t like it, so I didn’t.”

“Good boy,” I murmured. “Now go away.”

“I don’t think that’s a good idea,” he said with a serious voice.

My eyes didn’t open as I sighed heavily. “Look, I’m fine. You gave me some blood to drink, so a little rest and I’ll be back to normal. Then I’ll deal with the girls.” Then I added, “Like I thought, you taste good.”