Chapter 13

To my own surprise, the Hidden Moon Pack was accompanied by nearly all of my male followers. I could only imagine the shock of the Virile Moon Pack. With the Hidden Moon Pack and Vincenti followers working together, we easily outnumbered and overwhelmed the unsuspecting Virile Moon Pack.

In the middle of the battlefield, Zachariah already had one of his fangs deep in an enemy’s throat. Those who were close enough to realize Zachariah’s merciless behavior tried to get him first—and died during the process—or ran away, only to be met with another of our allies.

Abraham appeared beside me and grinned.

“I’m impressed.” I said.

He chuckled. “Don’t award me all the credit. They came here of their own free will after all.”

I smiled lazily. “You’re not joining?”

Abraham held out a hand, as if he was offering the battlefield to me.

“Ladies first.” He said.

“I’d like to…” I glanced over my shoulder at Mickey and his group. “But someone needs to guard them.”

Mickey continued to glare at me with hard eyes that said he wanted to kill me. I didn’t understand his look but assumed he was cranky because of the injury. Even worse, he couldn’t provoke the Virile Moon Pack and fight back with all the females he had to protect.

“Then I believe I should stay by your side.” Abraham said. “After all, it looks like Zachariah’s doing a fine job by himself.”

I watched as the vampire in question used his fangs to snap a werewolf’s head off. Then he raised the head above him and squeezed until blood flowed like a waterfall out of it and into his mouth. Even our allies feared him.

All I could do was chuckle at Zachariah’s blissful expression.

“He must not get enough action at HELL.” I said.

Abraham nodded. “I heard it’s been unnervingly peaceful these days all around the worlds. It’s suspicious. There are the occasional petty crimes of course, but it seems as if the big fish have just suddenly went on hiatus.”

I had more than enough going on in my life to not care about the rest of the world. But Abraham’s words weren’t false. Something big was happening, and the Elders probably sensed it too.

Not once did I believe that my marriage with Mickey was to simply help stop rivalry between vampires and werewolves. Add in a Halfling child and something bigger was definitely happening behind the scenes. Just what, I didn’t know. Maybe it’d be revealed later. Or maybe we’d never know.

“Nice. Having a casual conversation in the middle of a werewolf war.” Javier said flatly. “You two haven’t changed at all over the years.”

I glanced at Javier and saw that he was paler than usual. But I also saw the glint of white hiding behind his lips.

“Javier.” I said and he looked at me. “You’re thirsty, aren’t you?”

He shrugged. “I couldn’t really bring myself yesterday to drink too much blood from someone who wasn’t Olivia.”

I sighed heavily. “I should’ve noticed sooner. Then I wouldn’t have drank from you.”

Javier smiled. “It’s fine. I can hold out for a while more. But I’m guessing we won’t be leaving for a bit since…well, you know.” He motioned to the battlefield in front of us and I nodded.

“Sorry.”

“No problem. I’m the one asking for help after all. I should go along with your schedule.” He cleared his throat and I saw his eyes flicker to the fight…or more like the blood.