Chapter 12

I informed Giovanni that we should go on ahead. Even though I sent Abraham—a vampire with impeccable speech skills—it would take a while before he could tell the full story of why I decided to join the Hidden Moon Pack in their war. And even then, my followers would take time to think about it.

We couldn’t wait for them.

However many Abraham brought would be enough. My followers weren’t obligated to join the fight, but I trusted there were a few who would, regardless.

Giovanni decided to leave a couple of werewolves behind in the territory to help lead any vampires who followed Abraham so they could find and join up with us easily.

According to Giovanni, the Virile Moon Pack had settled to the north of our territory and if we were fast, we could get there in ten minutes. Werewolves always made sure their territories weren’t too big so they could reach the borders within a small amount of time in case of trespassers or dangerous factors.

As we ran further and further north, we came face-to-face with a rain storm. It wasn’t bad, but I could tell that it would get worse as the minutes passed by. Nonetheless, a little rain wouldn’t hurt us.

Giovanni began slowing down as he scanned the area, and I did the same.

“Where’s their base?” I asked.

“Our informant told us that it should be around here somewhere.” The alpha answered as he continued to look around.

I followed his actions, but all I could see were trees. We were in the middle of the forest, but at the same time, I could understand why the Virile Moon Pack settled here of all places. It was deep in the woods and not many would wander here on purpose or accident.

“What kind of-”

“A cave.” Zachariah suddenly cut me off.

We all turned to where he gazed off to. Behind many, many trees, there was a rocky wall that didn’t rise high. But I did see the dark cavern at the base of it.

“How unique.” I said blandly.

A cave of all things to settle in. The Virile Moon Pack were no better than the cavemen humans mocked.

“Approach slowly.” Giovanni informed all of us.

His pack members stayed behind him as we silently made our way to the cave. When we reached the mouth, I glanced over my shoulder at Zachariah.

“I smell blood.” Gio said.

“Two dead. One alive. The rest are gone.” Zachariah said.

Even though he was a vampire—and vampires couldn’t scent as well as werewolves—Zachariah had an affinity with blood. He could sometimes even tell a being’s whole history with just the smell of their blood. If blood was involved, Zachariah could scent better than any werewolf.

“One alive?” I repeated.

Zachariah nodded. “A young werewolf. I don’t smell anything hostile from him.”

“Our insider.” Giovanni growled before he ordered some of his members to go in and fetch the boy.

Two of them dashed into the cave and reappeared seconds later with a young boy in his teens. He was also badly hurt and barely breathed, but he was alive.

“Thomas.” Giovanni sighed with relief. “Where are they?”

The boy didn’t say anything aloud, and I assumed he was showing Giovanni the information telepathically. We all waited before the alpha nodded his head and turned to us.