prologue

third person view

third person view

"so why did you guys kidnap her?" renjun asked as he fiddled his fingers and examined the girl.

"it wasn't part of the plan, was it?" taeyong asked as he looked towards a special guy. "lucas, what happened?"

"jisung, winwin and i didn't mean to kidnap her in the first place", lucas bluntly responded, looking taeyong in the eye. "she just happened to witness something she shouldn't have"

"then why didn't you kill her right away? that's what we do for most witnesses" renjun said, looking at lucas and the two others who were standing there quietly.

"well, lucas-hyung couldn't kill her, neither would he want us to kill her" jisung responded looking at the ground, avoiding contact.

"and why is that so?" kun asked, who had just took a plane from china to address this matter.

"she looks like kieun, sir", winwin replied, looking at the girl and back.

"but what state was she in to go through... this?", renjun asked, pointing at the bandages wrapped around her eyes and head and the cast on her left leg.

"she got hit by the target's car and multiple shards of glass entered her eye" jisung replied. "she was treated at the hospital and got an eye surgery"

"we don't know if she remembers everything, but for sure, we need to keep an eye on her", winwin said and patted the girl's head.

"you've become to soft winwin, mostly you, lucas", taeyong spat. "just because she looks like kieun, doesn't mean that it's kieun"

"sir, i just—"

"we don't consider softness in our gang, so the three of you", taeyong looked at them harshly. "you better get yourselves together"

"how will jaemin-hyung react to this, as there's someone who looks like his little sister?", jisung asked renjun, who was examining the things of the girl.

"we don't know, let's keep it a secret between us, about this whole thing", renjun replied.

"kun, you and taeil take care of this girl until she regains consciousness, keep a good eye on her", taeyong ordered. "jisung, you and yangyang have to take care of her once she regains consciousness, and renjun, you and chenle, you get any information about this girl"

"well, i think i got her name", renjun replied as he looked into her wallet to see her student identification card. "na yeonha"

"she's also a 'na'?", yukhei asked, with suspicion.

"hyung, remember that it's only jaemin and kieun who are siblings", jisung reminded the older one.

"do a background check and hack into her personal items like her phone", taeyong ordered. "tell chenle to try to get in contact with the people in her contacts, anyone she last contacted to people who seem close. we need every single detail about this girl before we know what to do with her"

"yes, sir", renjun said and left immediately.

"the rest of you, continue with your work" taeyong said and they all hurried out. "call jaehyun and johnny, we need to have a meeting"

"yes, taeyong" kun replied and contacted them.

it's boring, i know ✌🏻