chapter 28

"alright class, you can go eat lunch now", my teacher said and left the classroom

"alright class, you can go eat lunch now", my teacher said and left the classroom. everyone in the class started to go out and i stared at eunhi's desk which was empty. she was absent today while jiseo had to attend to her duties as the student council treasurer. "at least i have yangyang and jisung with me"

a few days had passed since the power outage that took place and it was my second week in school. i've grown used to my classmates and the new school life. i stood up and exited the classroom, heading towards the cafeteria as i felt my phone buzzed.

jisung pwark

yeonha
yangyang and i had to make an
excuse to leave school early.
127 needs backup for their
mission today

aww :((

just hangout with your friends~

eunhi is absent and jiseo is busy

well
that ain't my problem

"damn what happened to looking after me", i muttered and pocketed my phone. i went past the students as i heard them mumbling and whispering to each other. they were all looking in one direction.

"hey, apparently shin junseop is back"

"really? wasn't he in a gang before? i mean, that's what everyone says"

"i heard they disbanded, but we're still not sure"

"wasn't he close to yeonha back then?"

the moment they mentioned my name, i decided to also check the person out. i somehow got a glimpse of him and made eye contact for a split second. he started to approach me and everyone made space for him to walk through.

"yeonha, let's speak privately", the black-haired boy who i identified as junseop, said as he pulled me up to the school's rooftop. as we arrived, sat down on the chair that was there. i just stood there looking at him. i remember chenle saying that i used to be friends with him and he is the only one who might be able to help me get back my memories.

"i'm sure that you don't have your memories back yet. if you had them, you wouldn't go back here", he spoke. "should i explain everything to you?"

i nodded, knowing that i could trust him. i didn't need to doubt him because the background check that chenle did made me feel like he was someone who could be trusted.

"well, you were the one who was supposed to be in charge of your father's gang when he passes away, but you refused. it was supposed to be jaemin but you were an interesting child that made him pick you", junseop explained. "since you refused it, your father decided to choose someone he knew to marry you in order to secure that his gang wouldn't disband after he dies"

"really? he really chose his gang over me?", i questioned and he nodded.

"well, let's say you had an arranged marriage with someone in golden child and his name is kim jibeom", he said as he tone became serious. his eyes turned to me as he continued. "i used to know him and he was alright at first. i found out later he was a stalker and psycho"