chapter 39

i saw them take at two defibrillators and started to get their heart beating again

i saw them take at two defibrillators and started to get their heart beating again. they were putting all their effort towards the two boys.

"clear!"

yet another shock was performed on the both of them.

"don't look, yeonha", haechan said as he pulled my head into his chest. "it'll hurt you even more"

beep.. beep...

beeeep...

"time of death, 1:27am", the doctor spoke. i turned my head to face them. i saw that only one of the two who had survived.

"he died", i whispered and stared at his body. "winwin..."

"i'm sorry", the doctor told me and they let us be with him before they sent him to the morgue. "we tried our best"

"winwin, why did you have to do it?", i asked, looking at his pale body. i was about to pat his hair but haechan held my wrist, stopping me from doing it.

"don't, he's at peace", he said. "he was always tense even if he didn't show it. he finally knows that the one who was responsible for his parents' death is already dead"

"why? he doesn't have to die right away!", i shouted at haechan who still stayed calm about the situation. i knew i had no right to shout at him, as he was the one who had comforted me from the beginning of this chaos.

"that was his only goal in life, it was to kill him. to make sure he was dead", haechan said. "all he ever wanted was that. now that it has been given to him, he can die in peace and join his parents"

"it's unfair", i said and haechan just patted my head.

"life is unfair but you should be grateful that your brother escaped that life and death situation", haechan told me. "i wouldn't have forgiven myself if your brother's heart beat didn't come back"

i heard footsteps coming towards us as i see the members coming. they stared at us and to winwin. they were speechless.

"winwin...", yuta said lowly as he approached him and looked down at his lifeless body.

"why isn't winwin-hyung reacting? why isn't he breathing!", chenle shouted as he went beside winwin's bed. "no, he can't die! he was the one who gave me my name, the one who taught me, why did he have to die?!"

"hyung...", jisung whispered. "why..."

"i'm sorry, it's all my fault", i apologized.

"no, it is not your fault, yeonha. if it has to be anyone's fault, it would have to be my fault", taeyong spoke. "i failed as a leader, i failed to protect winwin, kieun, hansol and everyone else"

the whole atmosphere went quiet as they just stood there in shock.

"where are the others?", jaehyun asked.