Prologue Part 1: Burgeoning Emptiness

(Y/N POV)

My name is Y/N Rose, and I am six years old. I was born into a family of huntsmen and huntresses that were well-known across Remnant. The family consists of my 'Father', Taiyang, My 'Mother', Summer, My 'Aunt and Uncle', Raven and Qrow, and two 'siblings', Yang and Ruby. Hah... family... Demons would be closer to the truth... 

My living conditions are... well 'far from ideal' would be a fuckin' understatement. My mother starves me, I'm my father's punching bag, sometimes those little gremlins they call my siblings would join in, my aunt uses me as a practice dummy when she practices with her odachi blade... 'Omen' she calls it. As for my uncle, well I haven't known him for much other than drowning my digestive system with alcohol. I'm beginning to fear for my sanity, and my liver.

(Yang) - Hey, loser! get down here and make us some breakfast! You know what's gonna happen if you don't!

Y/N opens his door, his eyes bloodshot from a lack of sleep and begins to walk downstairs.

(Y/N) - Yes Ma'am. I do not wish to risk a worse beating than usual.

(Tai) - HAH! Wishful thinking, you little shit. We all know who broke the vase and dropped those plates last night. And you know damn well what happens when you break something.

Wait what? The Vase? Plates?

I look over at Yang and Ruby to see them restraining giggles

I let out a sigh and realize that they had probably managed to frame me for something I never did... what else should I expect. This has been the norm for years now.

(Y/N) - I get beaten?

(Tai) - So you DO learn... Well then, let's get on with it.

Tai had managed to make his knee connect to my spinal column. It's a miracle that it didn't break. Then the little mongrels join in. Yang - clearly taking a leaf out of her father's book - takes a shot at my knee, while Ruby pummels away at my stomach. In the end, I crumple to the floor, only to see my Mother, Aunt, and Uncle closing in. My Mother brings the blunt end - Thank God - of her scythe upside my head, My uncle follows with an empty bottle of beer. I land flat on my back, looking up at my aunt, her sword drawn. She brings it down on my stomach, and for two split moments, all I can feel is unrelenting, unbarred agony. I look at their faces. They look funny... is that... remorse? Nah... can't be... They're far too cruel. I gotta... get this... out...

(Y/N) - (Think in your minds of the most pained scream you can think of. then imagine pulling a sword out of the stab wound.)

Raven's Omen clatters to the floor as I struggle to get up and breathe. 

(Ruby) - B-big bwother?

(Y/N) - Go away.

(Yang) - C'mon. Let me help you up.

(Y/N) - Get off of me.

I shove them away, barely managing to get myself upright, and stumble up the stairs and make it to my room, shutting the door and locking from the inside. I hear them come up the stairs, obviously coming for me. They reach my door and start calling out to me.

(Summer) - Y/N, please. Let us in. we want to help you.

(Y/N) - If you want to help me then leave me alone.

(Tai) - Son, aren't you scared of being in there? There aren't any windows in there, it's dark without the light.

(Y/N) - Riddle me this 'Daddy Dearest', why would I be afraid of the only friend I've ever had?

(Qrow) - Kid, what are you talking about? 

(Y/N) - Oh, uncle! here to drown my esophagus again? What I mean is that the darkness of this one, singular room has never stabbed me, beat me, starved me, drowned me in a mixed torrent of differing kinds of ethyl alcohol!

They all had tried reaching out to me, but their voices had begun to slur together. I had somehow managed to get up and turn the light on. I didn't have much, just the tattered blanket that was my poor excuse for a bed, the electric lamp, the convulsing mass of black slime crawling to me from the corner, and the - Wait a minute... Black Slime? I look back at it and realize that it's creeping up my legs, and onto my torso. I'm confused when the slime just... melts into my body, and shortly after, I start hearing a voice that isn't my own.

(???) - Y/N.

(Y/N) - Who's there? You can come out... It's not like I'M gonna hurt you.

The mystery creature emerges from Y/N's shoulder like this:

0:19 - 0:26

(???) - I am aware. With what I have seen of you, I can only be sorry for you, Y/N Rose. Your life is agony as it is.

(Y/N) - I can only... assume you've seen my memories and whatnot. You know my name, so why don't you tell me yours.

(Venom) - I am Venom. A symbiotic alien from the farther reaches of space. My kin and I require a host to bond with in order to ensure our survival.

(Y/N) - I see... Am I your first host, then?

(Venom) - My second. My first compatible host was killed by Atlas soldiers. His name was Edward 'Eddie' Charles Allen Brock. He was a good man. Impulsive, yes, but good-natured. I am afraid that he has... rubbed off on me.

(Y/N) - I don't really think that's a bad thing. I hope he rests in peace. Either way, do you think you can get me out of here without alerting THEM?

(Venom) - Of course. Though it would be smart to wait until nightfall. I have to say, you're taking this a lot better in comparison to what I'd expect.

(Y/N) - Well when all you know is agony for the majority of your life, your sense of suffering and your ability to empathize with others both become dulled. Almost like a rusted blade. After all...

(Both) - What reason do WE have to be SCARED OF THE DARK, when WE ARE FREE AT LONG LAST.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timeskip: Midnight

Forgot to mention, You and symbiotes can do this now:

(Both) - So long, Hell. The likelihood of our return is relatively nonexistent. I hope you enjoy life without us. We know for a fact that WE will enjoy this separation and hope it remains in a state of permanence.

Little did the duo know, a young rosebud was watching them as they left.

(Ruby) - B-big bwother...

And that's 1184 words! I'm sorry if there isn't as much detail as you all want, I'm intending on updating the Bio and this chapter after I've got a few other chapters finished. Stay tuned for Prologue Part 2: Free at Last!